Fox attack help!!!

Pinguanddibdab

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
Just gone into the garden to find a fox with one of my ducks in its mouth. I managed to kick the fox and it released the duck. Once I had scooped up the duck, I could see there were puncture wounds on either side of her neck and some skin had been removed across her back and wings (not too bad). She can walk and stand but is obviously in shock. I bathed her wounds in antiseptic and have put her in a box filled with hay and water where she can see her friends.

Is there anything I can do for the shock? She has been provided with peas and sweetcorn, wounds washed and given a quiet, safe place to rest.

Thank you xx

Hello,
Just gone into the garden to find a fox with one of my ducks in its mouth. I managed to kick the fox and it released the duck. Once I had scooped up the duck, I could see there were puncture wounds on either side of her neck and some skin had been removed across her back and wings (not too bad). She can walk and stand but is obviously in shock. I bathed her wounds in antiseptic and have put her in a box filled with hay and water where she can see her friends.

Is there anything I can do for the shock? She has been provided with peas and sweetcorn, wounds washed and given a quiet, safe place to rest.

Thank you xx
Quiet dark place for shock

Will do! Do you know how long it roughly takes the shock to subside? X
That I don’t but I would do this for the rest of the day and evening
See how she is when cleaning the wounds
Each bird has a different time on how quickly they come out of shock
You can add Nutridrench or poultry cell to water ti give her a little boost
She may or may not want feed depending if she is in pain
You can add pics and this may help others help you
I’m also not sure if antibiotics is something you should put her on to avoid bacterial infection from the bites
@Miss Lydia
@casportpony
@ruthhope

That I don’t but I would do this for the rest of the day and evening
See how she is when cleaning the wounds
Each bird has a different time on how quickly they come out of shock
You can add Nutridrench or poultry cell to water ti give her a little boost
She may or may not want feed depending if she is in pain
You can add pics and this may help others help you
I’m also not sure if antibiotics is something you should put her on to avoid bacterial infection from the bites
@Miss Lydia
@casportpony
@ruthhope
I agree with @New duck mommy 2021 and please clip feathers away from the wounds so when starting to heal feathers don't get caught up in the wound. And be sure to post pictures.

I agree with @New duck mommy 2021 and please clip feathers away from the wounds so when starting to heal feathers don't get caught up in the wound. And be sure to post pictures.
Screenshot_2023-06-17-21-37-50-620_com.miui.gallery.jpg
IMG_20230617_213618.jpg
IMG_20230617_213733.jpg
IMG_20230617_213446.jpg

Here are the photos. I tried to get some which show the wounds but I didn't want to stress her out.
The puncture wounds are one/two on either side of her neck and the skin being removed is just a small area on her back and wings.

I have some metacam but it's for dogs. If this is okay to use how much would I give her?

Back
Top Bottom