Fox attack update + new question

Pinguanddibdab

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
I posted a few days ago about my duck who got attacked by a fox. She's going really well (slowly getting perkier each day). She went to the vet, had her wounds thoroughly washed out and given a course of both antibiotics and pain relief. She was also give critical care feed to syring feed, of which she managed to get through in two days. I am currently syringe feeding her a mash made of her regular pellets and water.

She's taking this all perfectly but still won't eat or drink on her own. The only thing she has eaten on her own since the attack is live worms I have been digging up in the garden and hand fed her.

Do you think that she will start eating soon? Any reasons why she might not be (I thought it could be because her throat is sore from the bites)?

Thank you x

Hello,
I posted a few days ago about my duck who got attacked by a fox. She's going really well (slowly getting perkier each day). She went to the vet, had her wounds thoroughly washed out and given a course of both antibiotics and pain relief. She was also give critical care feed to syring feed, of which she managed to get through in two days. I am currently syringe feeding her a mash made of her regular pellets and water.

She's taking this all perfectly but still won't eat or drink on her own. The only thing she has eaten on her own since the attack is live worms I have been digging up in the garden and hand fed her.

Do you think that she will start eating soon? Any reasons why she might not be (I thought it could be because her throat is sore from the bites)?
Have you tried making soup out of her pellets with warm water? Sometimes when they won't eat because of an injury they will drink their feed if made soupy.

Have you tried making soup out of her pellets with warm water? Sometimes when they won't eat because of an injury they will drink their feed if made soupy.
Yes! This is what I have been syring feeding her. And even then she won't eat the mash unless we syring feed her or drink unless we hold the water Infront of her 😂

Back
Top Bottom