Original gamecam photo:
MDGC0007.jpg

Coatimundi photos from wikipedia:
800px-MexicanCoati.jpg

Hike09.jpg

Fox vs coati? No idea

Last edited:
It's without a doubt a fox

If you look VERY closely, you'll see he's gnawing at a flea on the upper part of his right front leg.

That's why the head looks distorted.

The way the head is turned puts his left ear where his nose would be if he was looking straight ahead

I am pretty sure that the critter in the original photo is a fox. We still have the camera set a the same spot so maybe it will be back for a better photo.

We did get a picture of raccoon last night and the difference is obvious.

MDGC0081.jpg

Quote:
Looks like you got a game trail there, it's really cool to spy on wildlife, i learn allot about them with my cams.

I even have a live trap at my wildlife feeder that i put dog food in, my thinking if they get use to going into the trap to eat, i can move the trap to a location i might be having problems with and catch them very easily, but i have only had trouble with bob the cat and i did trap her, but my lab beat me to the trap and bent the trap door letting her out.

That dog must have really scared her bad cause she hasn't been seen or caused any trouble sense feb of this year.

MDGC00202.jpg

MDGC0023-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh no...chupacabras have hind legs like kangaroos....and no (or a little bitty) tail.....they walk upright on 2 legs and their feet look more like ours, just skinnier....everybody knows that, right?
smile.png

I thought chupacabra had goat legs...... well I'm stumped!

PS it is definately a grey fox

Ordinarily, I am usually in agreement with BearFoot. He asserts grey fox. This time I'm not so sure. But because some of these comments cannot be ignored, I have to say the following:

1. It is not a coatimundi. Period.
2. It is suffering from Mange.
3. Everyone knows Chupacabra use pogo-sticks as their primary means of locomotion.

When I go to the storage shed next week I'll pull out my coyote gamecam photos. I don't like the look of that back right leg. Reminds me too much of a raccoon. (See, I'm trying not to tip my hand, but it keeps coming out).

-TK

Back
Top Bottom