Fox, coyote or chupacabra?

That would be the most deformed fox I've ever seen, & I live in the middle of fox country. 20 plus years ago I lived in the middle of Coati country, & have seen lots of each. Sorry, Still a Coati.
pop.gif

Actually that looks just like the foxes in my area. Not sure if that means I have weird fox or what, but mine have tails just like that and range from brownish red to raccoon gray. In fact I thought a couple were raccoons till I got right up on them! But I had to laugh when I saw this post because we call my dog a Chupacabra due to him having a so far, incurable skin condition that causes him to be... errr... very chupacabra like. I saw this post and just I had to ask him what he was doing all the way in PA!
lol.png

Last edited:
I'm going to go with a Racoon with the mange. Other than location, the problem with the Coati Mundi is they are strictly diurnal and this picture was at 1:41 AM.

I've seen coati mundi up close and personal in Guatemala (they like to be scratched behind the ears) but this pic doesn't look like one to me. Rule it out with chupacabra. I say its just a wierd camera angle on a coon...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that we don't have them in southern PA ~ I think they are in the far north US and Canada. We do have weasels, but it is too large for that.

from Wikipedia:
Fishers were reintroduced into several states including Pennsylvania, Connecticut and West Virginia after being nearly wiped out by trapping and habitat destruction. Some reintroductions have been done to control porcupine populations.​

Back
Top Bottom