Fox hunt

Quote:
Weeeell.... thats your opinion, Welsummer. And you are entitled to it. Just as i am entitled to mine.
I think its cruel..you dont... no biggie.
hu.gif

We dont have to agree. Actually, we never do.
lol.png

No need for the snark in your comments though. No need at all..

Anyways, i was just wondering if this was indeed LEGAL to do in the states.(because i just could NOT imagine that it was legal..)... and i got the answer to that question.
smile.png

My favorite hunt was on Top Gear. They did a special paint job on the car they were driving, to make it look like fox fur, plus a white tail. They did a great job and it was really cute. It was dragging a scented lure behind it.

Quote:
Weeeell.... thats your opinion, Welsummer. And you are entitled to it. Just as i am entitled to mine.
hu.gif

lol.png

Anyways, i was just wondering if this was indeed LEGAL to do in the states.(because i just could NOT imagine that it was legal..)... and i got the answer to that question.
smile.png

What part about the hunting do you feel is cruel? And also why illegal?

Quote:
If you neutered the males around here it would be bad. In my area hunters are only allowed 2 bucks and 10 does. Very low buck to female ratio so they are hoping for more bucks to be born this coming season.

Quote:
yes it is. If you didn't know georgia back in the colonial days past time was fox hunts. I see nothing wrong with it except for all the humans for 1 fox. Plus it is an enjoyable time to ride your mount and socialize.

Interesting!! Never knew it was legal here... you would think it wouldnt be....
hu.gif

Learn something new on BYC everyday...
cool.png

Its also interesting the Brits banned it, and we didnt... (as i believe thats where it must have mostly started, then they brought it over here to the States ??..)
Yes, i agree..all those humans on one fox is sad.

OOH well... was just wondering if "sport" fox hunting was indeed legal here in the USA... thanks!!

I never liked Fox hunting and I agree that 40-60 dogs plus horses and riders after one fox is cruel. All my Pony Club ever wanted to do was talk about Fox hunting.
rant.gif
I felt glad that they did outlaw it in Britain. I am all for drag hunts.

Quote:
hu.gif

lol.png

smile.png

What snark?

Oh I did find an inaccuracy in something I wrote, though. That the 'field' does not participate.

Actually they can participate in one way - they DO have to stay back from the master and the hounds, but if they do happen to see a fox start to run, they can point to the fox by extending their arm, cap in hand, and call 'View Halloo'.

So in a way, they can participate.

Last edited:
I mentioned that earlier - a bag of scent is dragged along the ground to leave a trail. The person who lays the trail chooses a safe trail that stays within the 'country' they are allowed to ride and hunt in. He'll usually include some jumping opportunities and a good long run.

Drag hunts tend to be VERY fast. There are no delays for working the hounds into covert and looking for foxes - usually most of the hunt is working hounds and picking up a fox. With a drag hunt it goes VERY fast. VERY. I tried to follow a drag hunt once and was left in the dust. THEY HAUL.

I don't blame anyone for disliking hunting or specific types of hunting. That's a personal choice, like how to put the kids to bed and what church to attend - people don't all need to have the same opinion on those matters. There are pro's and con's to hunting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom