Foxes issue

benjaminzygs

Chirping
Apr 17, 2020
Bad news that a fox killed 4 of my hens, 3 remain left (2 girl,1 boy) this is a tragedy to us so please respect our loved hens which we tried to raise them.

I am so sorry for announcing this.
and now Stephanie and Peach the remaining hens are so traumatised they are cowering in the shrubs. Got back from Wonthaggi Hospital after a night in Emergency with Ben to come back to a farm with a massacre of feathers through the chicken run. Took 2 carcasses and left 2. Understand about the food chain and all but kill only what you can eat. Stupid wasteful 🦊 foxes

Got a trap?
And a gun?
Also. How secure is your run?
It very secure inside but a fox dug a hole and killed four of my hens and now we have 2 girl and 1 boy, I don’t know what to do and I don’t know when they gonna lay egg again.

It very secure inside but a fox dug a hole and killed four of my hens and now we have 2 girl and 1 boy, I don’t know what to do and I don’t know when they gonna lay egg again.
They will definitely start laying again. From my experiences anyway.
Is there a possibility of him entering the run again? Could you work on making it more predator proof.
Could lay paving slabs around the edge to prevent animals digging in.

They will definitely start laying again. From my experiences anyway.
Is there a possibility of him entering the run again? Could you work on making it more predator proof.
Could lay paving slabs around the edge to prevent animals digging in.
With 2 hen but I was thinking about raising another one With our two hen and a rooster

Thank you, I just had asthma while I was in hospital. Now I don’t know what to do and I feel so sad.

I am glad you are ok.

As soon as possible The outside around the run needs work. If they dig in once they will do it again.

Is there a roof on top of the run or something to prevent the fox going over the sides?

Back
Top Bottom