Foxes

minionek1450

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2023
Anyone got tips on how can i get rid of foxes? im scared for my geese and ducks because i do not want to lose them. help is greatly appreciated

Depending where you are, you can call the dnr and have them trapped. Or you can have someone shoot them.
If you don't like either, you need to make a secure area with 2x4 welded wire, with a no dig apron and a coyote roller on top.

Anyone got tips on how can i get rid of foxes? im scared for my geese and ducks because i do not want to lose them. help is greatly appreciated
Hi, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

A description (or pics) of your set up might be useful for being able to make suggestions.

You can't get rid of foxes or wildlife in MY experience, there is always more where that came from.. the better option is containment of your birds and exclusion of the predators.. Electric fencing (or electric poultry netting) can be one option that's a useful tool.

Can't legally dispatch them HERE (my location) without a permit.

Layers of security are also helpful and most effective. Some layers are the housing, fencing, possibly dogs, other human activity, sometimes motion activated sprinklers/lights, etc :fl

my grandpa always uses firecrackers to scare them off if they come. my grandma told me the chickens got so scared they hid where they could

I have electric poultry netting, as suggested by EggSighted4Life. It works. I'm sure they could jump over it, but their inclination is to step to it and sniff. This is when they get zapped. Once they know the netting bites, they stay away from it. Same with raccoons, possums, and rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom