Free Egg Incubation Software, New Release.

Pics
Hello Everybody.

I've been pretty busy since the last release. But I did find a little time to tinker with getting HatchKeeper to run on Android. I ended up rewriting it from scratch in a different language.

HatchKeeper-Mobile 0.1.0 can now be downloaded from here. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hatchkeeper/files/HatchKeeper-Mobile/0.1.0-Debug_Only/
This version is for testing and feedback only and might not be ready for everyday use.

Some Notes:

HatchKeeper-Mobile is written in Html5, CSS, and JavaScript. However it is completely an offline application.

It uses the built in Android calendar for reminders. This is why it needs permission to read/write to the calendar.

It's designed to be as close as possible to the Desktop version, which can be really tricky for tiny phone screens.

Some screenshots:
Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-58-26.png

Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-58-51.png

If you have any questions, find any bugs, or have an idea on how to make this software better please let me know.

Thanks

mill-j

Hello Everybody.

I've been pretty busy since the last release. But I did find a little time to tinker with getting HatchKeeper to run on Android. I ended up rewriting it from scratch in a different language.

HatchKeeper-Mobile 0.1.0 can now be downloaded from here. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hatchkeeper/files/HatchKeeper-Mobile/0.1.0-Debug_Only/
This version is for testing and feedback only and might not be ready for everyday use.

Some Notes:

HatchKeeper-Mobile is written in Html5, CSS, and JavaScript. However it is completely an offline application.

It uses the built in Android calendar for reminders. This is why it needs permission to read/write to the calendar.

It's designed to be as close as possible to the Desktop version, which can be really tricky for tiny phone screens.

Some screenshots:
View attachment 1581148

View attachment 1581214
If you have any questions, find any bugs, or have an idea on how to make this software better please let me know.

Thanks

mill-j
:celebrate:eek: I am downloading it TONIGHT!

I have Android version 9.

I click the green download button:
Screenshot_20181104-182106.png

And then once it's downloaded I click on it but it says "can't open"
Screenshot_20181104-182127.png

Unfortunately I can't test on Android 9 currently. Could you post a screenshot of the error? And what happens if you try to open that apk file from the file manager?

Unfortunately I can't test on Android 9 currently. Could you post a screenshot of the error? And what happens if you try to open that apk file from the file manager?
Screenshot_20181104-190822.png

Right after it downloads it just says "can't open file" real quick and goes away. I can't click to get a screenshot quick enough of it.

Thanks. So does your phone have a file manager? Usually it's called Files. Most browsers download files the the internal storage /Downloads folder. I think Android 8 implement a security feature that makes it harder to install app that aren't from the Play Store. I'm planning to publish HatchKeeper to the Play Store, so if installing via the file manager doesn't work you might have to wait until then.

P.s. What's with the username change?:confused:

Last edited:
Thanks. So does your phone have a file manager? Usually it's called Files. Most browsers download files the the internal storage /Downloads folder. I think Android 8 implement a security feature that makes it harder to install app that aren't from the Play Store. I'm planning to publish HatchKeeper to the Play Store, so if installing via the file manager doesn't work you might have to wait until then.

P.s. What's with the name change?:confused:
Yes. When I go to the file manager it shows up under my downloads.
Screenshot_20181104-193431.png

When I click on one of the ones I downloaded I get this:
Screenshot_20181104-193521.png

Don't worry about me. I am good with the program on my computer.;)

Name...since I have quail now which includes males I no longer just have "girls."

Ok. I'll see if I can't get the Android 9 emulator image and figure it out. It'll be a while.

I'm still running 4.4.4 on my phone :D

Anyways thanks for helping.
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom