Free Egg Incubation Software, New Release.

Pics

mill-j

Songster
6 Years
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Everybody, spring might finally be here!

I recently released version 0.70.0 of HatchKeeper, The Free Open-Source Egg Incubation Software.

Some new/updated features worth mentioning:

You can now add a breed to your batch. I made it easy to add and remove types and breeds right from the settings in HatchKeeper.

If you get tired of the default colors, you can now change the color of most components of HatchKeeper(restart required to take affect).

I removed the update and edit dialogs and replaced them with one “Batch Statistics Panel” right in the main window. Hopefully this makes HatchKeeper more user-friendly.

Probably my favorite addition is the Printable Calendar feature. It is very simple, but if you have a printer connected to your pc, you can print a calendar with all the batch dates for any month. I find it useful since my computer is not close to my incubator.

There are many more updates, but those are the biggest changes. Please read the manual to see what HatchKeeper is capable of doing.

The SourceForge page where we host the HatchKeeper downloads is rather difficult to navigate, so I started maintaining a simple website to make it easier to download and find more info. You can download HatchKeeper from http://hatchkeeper.x10host.com or from the SourceForge page http://hatchkeeper.sourceforge.io

If anybody is using v0.60 and wants to upgrade, please read the manual’s Installation section for information on completely uninstalling HatchKeeper. Although both versions can coexist with no problems.

I hope somebody finds this software useful. If you have problems, questions, feedback or you’d like to see a feature added, please contact me in either this thread or with the information found on the website.

Happy Hatching!

Mill-J

P.S. I’ll post some screenshots when I find some time.

No kidding. That's the fastest spam removal I've ever seen on a forum!
Car Chase Police GIF

Hello everybody, it's almost spring time, although currently it certainly doesn't feel like it yet.

I finally got around to releasing the desktop version of HatchKeeper 0.80.0. I'm only about a year late ;) We've got a lot of positive feedback as well as some great ideas and necessary bug reports. Thanks so much to everybody that helped with ideas and testing.

There have been a lot of changes such as the addition of advanced egg data, since the previous release. However a lot of the work has been in getting the codebase easier to understand and maintain, as well as making it easier for people to contribute to the project. We now have git repositories and you can easily generate developer documentation from the source code with doxygen.

We also spent time on user documentation. If there is anybody interested in improving or adding to the documentation, let us know, we could push the doxygen source files to a git server, where they could be forked, modified, and merged back in.

To try the latest release visit the homepage to download.

And like always. Let us know if you find bugs or have other problems.

Thanks again

mill-j

Last edited:
Alright here are some screenshots of the latest release.

This one is running on Windows.

Capture.PNG

And here are several running on Linux.

About.png

NewBatch.png

Breeds.png

No those pictures are not taken on a Mac.:oops: Although I wish it was, It is just one of the many themes on my Linux Distro:caf. I should also mention that RaspberryPi and x86_64 Linux users are now able to get HatchKeeper as an AppImage, making it much easier to run on those platforms:yesss:

Let me know where HatchKeeper could be improved. I cant garentee I'll be able to add it, but new ideas are always nice.

HatchKeeper is one of my hobbies(This is why develoment slows down in the summer;)). I hope you find it useful since that does make it worth my while. I you like it, share with your friends.

Happy Hatching!

Mill-J

:thumbsup I'll keep an eye out for it. Thank you!
Do you make other things like this too?
This is very neat.
Yes When I have time, but HatchKeeper is my biggest project so far and the only app I released yet. Of course there are other people involved(This is an Open-Source Project) including a fellow BYC member who had the great idea of adding a way to sync a batch with google.

This app was actually built for the personal needs of me and a friend and turned out much better than I could have hoped. It helps me manage my Sportsman 1502:)

Hello,

I finally found time to release the latest HatchKeeper-Mobile update. If your phone is set to auto update, you're probably running the latest already. If you manually installed it you can download the apk here.

Here's what's new:

Fixed That Pesky Calendar Bug!
Raised Minimum Android Version To 4.4
Switched To SQLite Database
Added Advanced Egg Management
Added Incubator
Added Sort Batches
Added Hide Hatched Batches
Editable Batch Type, and Batch Breed and Batch Name
Show All Dates in Month Or Week
Added Simple Search Engine
GUI Improvements
Printable Reports
Copy Batch Statistics To Clipboard
And More

Let me know if any of the updates are useful and of course, please report any bugs you find.

The desktop version of HatchKeeper isn't released yet but if I find time, it will be before too long.

Thanks

mill-j

Hello Everybody.

I've been pretty busy since the last release. But I did find a little time to tinker with getting HatchKeeper to run on Android. I ended up rewriting it from scratch in a different language.

HatchKeeper-Mobile 0.1.0 can now be downloaded from here. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hatchkeeper/files/HatchKeeper-Mobile/0.1.0-Debug_Only/
This version is for testing and feedback only and might not be ready for everyday use.

Some Notes:

HatchKeeper-Mobile is written in Html5, CSS, and JavaScript. However it is completely an offline application.

It uses the built in Android calendar for reminders. This is why it needs permission to read/write to the calendar.

It's designed to be as close as possible to the Desktop version, which can be really tricky for tiny phone screens.

Some screenshots:
Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-58-26.png

Screenshot_2018-11-04-12-58-51.png

If you have any questions, find any bugs, or have an idea on how to make this software better please let me know.

Thanks

mill-j

Back
Top Bottom