Free from the egg "farm."

kscottjoyce

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 22, 2011
Townsend
So I recently was able to adopt a hen, golden comet at 19 weeks of age, from an egg farm. She is so sweet and I am really glad she won't be spending her life in a tiny cage.
80646_oxie.jpg

Quote:
If only everyone who keeps hens for pets and eggs would consider adopting even just one hen from an egg farm... It would make so many happy hens in the world.

Quote:
If only everyone who keeps hens for pets and eggs would consider adopting even just one hen from an egg farm... It would make so many happy hens in the world.

But doesn't the egg farm just replace it? And by egg farm - do you mean a factory/battery farm?

Quote:

But doesn't the egg farm just replace it? And by egg farm - do you mean a factory/battery farm?

Yeah, like my DH tells me all the time.... you can't save every poor creature in the world. This is true.

But I can dang sure make a difference for the ones I can help.
wink.png

Yes, and I suppose rescuing hens means you don't buy eggs anymore, so it's not like you're contributing to the suffering of more chickens - they would have replaced the rescued ones if they were rescued or not.

Back
Top Bottom