Free Ralphie!!

Pics
That is quite an idea! Do you have the recipe at hand? - Not that could make such a pie now, because my lazy zuccini have produced only one ducking squash this year (and it was chewed on by snails) and the yellow squash hasn't produced anything, nada zilch zero! Bad year for squashes and tomatoes here…
I grate the squash raw on a fine grater, then parboil it. That makes it easy to pour off most of the water, then just follow any pumpkin pie recipe, substituting the squash for the pumpkin puree. Can't taste the difference, and visually the only difference is little flecks of green from the skins throughout, which I find quite attractive and most people don't even notice.

I grate the squash raw on a fine grater, then parboil it. That makes it easy to pour off most of the water, then just follow any pumpkin pie recipe, substituting the squash for the pumpkin puree. Can't taste the difference, and visually the only difference is little flecks of green from the skins throughout, which I find quite attractive and most people don't even notice.
If you don't want the flecks of green, peel the squash before grating it.

I am starting to understand this hospital.

They switched the times for me to order food the other day.

I have to order by 6:30 to get 8 am breakfast.

I ordered and everything I ordered they did not have. My breakfast needs are simple. A roll, they do not have.

Cranberry Juice, we will get you that, my Cranberry Juice was apple flavor.

However, I did get Orange flavored apple juice. No, fruit slices because of Covid and what the steroids have done to my blood sugar.

I decided to order a side of sausage, but, oh no, we no longer have that.

Could I have a box of cinnamon squares. No those are not on the menu and longer.

Could I see a menu, please? Yes, the nurses should have one near their desk.

I am in ICU isolation I cannot go out their. You are very correct. You have to stay locked in your room.

How do I ordered food without a menu? Just ask for anything and we will bring it to you, if we have it.

I kid you naught!
So does that mean that all you got to eat was juice? :eek:

The one time I was in the hospital for a few meals I almost starved.... naaaaaasty food. Maybe they do that on purpose so you don't get comfortable and settle in.

So does that mean that all you got to eat was juice? :eek:

The one time I was in the hospital for a few meals I almost starved.... naaaaaasty food. Maybe they do that on purpose so you don't get comfortable and settle in.
The last extended stay I had in the hospital, food was the farthest thing from my mind.

I am starting to understand this hospital.

They switched the times for me to order food the other day.

I have to order by 6:30 to get 8 am breakfast.

I ordered and everything I ordered they did not have. My breakfast needs are simple. A roll, they do not have.

Cranberry Juice, we will get you that, my Cranberry Juice was apple flavor.

However, I did get Orange flavored apple juice. No, fruit slices because of Covid and what the steroids have done to my blood sugar.

I decided to order a side of sausage, but, oh no, we no longer have that.

Could I have a box of cinnamon squares. No those are not on the menu and longer.

Could I see a menu, please? Yes, the nurses should have one near their desk.

I am in ICU isolation I cannot go out their. You are very correct. You have to stay locked in your room.

How do I ordered food without a menu? Just ask for anything and we will bring it to you, if we have it.

I kid you naught!
OK, that’s worse than chewed up and spit out lasagna on my plate!

Back
Top Bottom