Free Range Shelters From Dog Kennel Panels

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by geareduplyn, Jun 22, 2008.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I have a whole bunch of these that I use to grow out my upcoming breeders. They are very easy to put up, and can be taken down and used again and again. I use chainlink panels because I have them, but just about any panel that you can clamp or cable tie togrther will work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I usually start about 75 month old Rumpless Tufted chicks in each and cull down from there

2. bwhite28

bwhite28 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    Southeastern PA
    Thats really neat and it looks like it works very well. I was wondering about how much do those panels cost.

3. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I manufactured these for many years, so I have probably a couple of hundred. Right now with the price steel I would guess that material,and labor would be around $100 per panel. If I were going to start from scratch today, I would rip treated 2X6's into 2X3's, make 12' side panels, 8' front and rear panels and cover with 72" 2X4 inch welded wire from the Tractor Store. It's still fairly economical to do them this way.

4. steven11788

steven11788 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    hickory Nc
    pretty cool, i have two, just for my trios of hatchs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by