Free Silkies - Arkansas

pipermark

Songster
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Arkansas
I have several Silkies that need a good home.

1. Blue cockerel - good feathering, not sure about toes , but bad comb.

2. Partridge hen - she is a good momma, want to stick with blacks, blues and splashes.

3. Black pullet (I think), gold in hackle feathers, other wise fine.

barnie.gif
i was looking for silkies wish you were closer!

Do you ever come closer to Arkadelphia? I'm close to there, probably a good three hours from you. Any chance of meeting somewhere in the middle?

I've been looking for a couple of white females but can't find any. I want them mostly for companionship for my 2 Silkies and 1 Sultan though, so I guess they don't really have to be white. I want their little group to be plenty warm this winter, especially since the Sultans aren't as winter hardy. I do already have a Silkie cockerel though. Do they have to go as a group?

Not as a group but if you want one of the females you need to take the male, the reason, no one will take the male.

I don't think Silkie males are usually aggressive towards each other are they? My other one is very sweet. I wouldn't mind having another male as long as they'd get along.

Well, at the risk of sounding cheap, the main thing is the 3 hour drive there and back in my van. It's old and uses a ton of gas. If you think you might be coming a little closer down this way anytime soon, then I'd definately be interested. Of course I don't expect you to make a special trip. I know it would be costly for you too. Right now it's too costly for anyone to go just about anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom