Freecycle ad just rubbing me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Is this a serious post or are you being sarcastic?

The discipline in public vs discipline at home thing never made any sense to me. Why do some parents refuse to discipline their children-on any level-just because they're out somewhere? If I acted up as a child..which didn't happen often, it was dealt with and I wasn't given any leeway because we were in public. If anything, a kid acting up in public should be more of a priority because there are innocent bystanders involved. People used to get up and excuse themselves and their crying/screaming children from a restaurant..outside or into the restroom until the child calmed down..these days, they just sit there.
My parents spanked us, they can count the times it was necessary and they never used a belt or anything else on us. We didn't feel less loved when we did get a swat, we felt like morons for doing something we knew was wrong. It's the same with my kids; I have never beaten them, whipped them or belittled them..but I gave a smack to the hand or butt here and there when they were smaller. Again, it didn't happen often.
I would never begrudge a person using resources for help in a difficult situation, but people who are so lacking in common sense and instinct that they have to read books and google how to raise a kid should probably spare the rest of the world and not have a kid at all.

I've actually walked out of resturants where they allow kids to jump, bump stand up and look backwards and cry nonstop. The parents wouldn't stop the kids disruptive behavior, so I left, sans paying. Ruin my evening without handling the parents of disruptive kid, you can pay for the meal.

I know I'm sort of a jerk this way, but my kids knew that they pulled that crap in a restaurant or in the store, it was twice as bad as if they were doing it at home. We have a 1 warning rule here in the house. Since I've started taking in foster kids there has been no corporal punishment, but they know my expectations... And there is no negotiating on punishments once they have been delt.

To the OP's article, I sort of found it funny. I doubt it was real. You'll see a lot of stuff like this on craigslist and freecycle.

All I am going to say is I was spanked, I believe in spanking, we were very well behaved kids who only needed spankings now and again, I love my parents and never felt wronged by them for their discipline choices, and discipline should always be done in love.

ETA: Call me an abusive lout, but I spank the dog when shes naughty too
ep.gif

Last edited:
All spankings should be preceded by "the look." Once you have mastered "the look," you can make naughty children freeze in their tracks. If you're really good at it, the kids will even swear that the eyes in the back of you head are giving them "the look."

I cant even get onto my local freecycle...i've been awaiting approval forever and just readmitted my email etc today... soooo basically child beaters can get on free-cycle and I cant when I need to get wood to build my coop?!
idunno.gif

Quote:
I'm still alive.....

Personally, I believe if kids were beat the way they used to be, the jails and juvenile system wouldn't be so over taxed today. And 'beat' isn't used in a criminal sense, leather belts, spatulas, wooden spoons, paddles, and oh god that stick off the tree is what I am referring to.

I spanked all 4 of our children but there is a GREAT difference from spanking and beating,I'm in favor spanking but NOT BEATING. marrie

Quote:
You too?!! I thought I was the only one who had a mother like that, oh and don't forget the wooden spoon! lol
big_smile.png

Really, there is a line between discipline and abuse, if you remember what you got spanked for that's discipline. If you're beaten for no reason and don't know why, that's abuse. Just my opinion.
No, I don't have kids, but I was a child. I also have nieces and nephews and have witnessed many spankings done with them. All in love, not abuse or anger. I know now what my father always used to say to me, "Trust me, it hurts me more than you"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom