French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good morning all!

We've got spring morels here, the fall bloomers are up but they're false... bad news. I'm still getting Oregon white truffles, no black so far which is surprising. I think the common Chantelle are done but the boletes are still popping up.

The kiwis are just about done, prime picking after the freezing we had.

The second chick I hatched has been named "Murie" and has (for now) no indication of a tail! Goodie goodie gum drops... I'm fairly certain they're both pullets too, I looked at the feather buds and they both have the partridge pullet stripe through the eye... fingers crossed!

1 person likes this.
  2. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    haha. the mental image of this cracks me up. Excited little puppy...

I never even thought to try to sell them. Depending on how wet our spring is, where I grow up, they grow like crazy. One spring we picked 10 gallons of morels. We dehydrated them. I still have some. Now I'm going to have to see how much they sell for.

3. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    Good grief! $45 - 50 per 4 oz! Granted, that's probably about a gallon before you dehydrate them, but that is a lot for a fungus.

4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Oh no, you're not sucking me into a flag debate. We took it down, we took it down! [​IMG]

He needs a good [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    mornin [​IMG] yep spring just after a fresh spring rainfall. we must see pictures you know? or they will become big mean roosters!

I know right? funny thing it pretty much does the same thing here, and yes same thinking [​IMG]

I used to take them to the chef at the country club, he was always happy to see me [​IMG]

6. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska

Lol no debate! How about I change my original statement to "A huge cross in the background"

7. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    they are awesome

8. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Yes, it's so true. I do agree with you. Can't live in fear everyday. Just wish the world wasn't so ugly...at times.
    I've got 6 sitting on the counter. Thinking of doing the NYD HAL. But I don't want chicks. So I put an ad on CL, that I'm contemplating hatching if enough people respond and want chicks. Only one person contacting me so far, for only 2 chicks. So we'll see. But guess what, my new octagon 20 has been ordered for my bday/xmass gift!!
    That's what I was wondering!
    Wow...interesting! At least I know not to panic if I see something like that. My girl has laid 3 eggs so far. Each one a little bigger then the last and they have white spots on them. Are those calcium deposits?
    I would wait and see how she responds. I think it was Sally that said treat the water. Probably a good idea to give everyone some antibiotics, just to be safe.

1 person likes this.
  9. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]
    I get defensive about the south, but not so much about religion [​IMG]
    You're getting a 20? [​IMG]
    You will love it.

I stopped posting "hatching soon" ads. They never got replies, except for the idiots that replied by saying "Do you have any adult hens?" I hatch them , advertise them, and if they don't sell within 2 weeks I take the ad down until I can sex them. Most of my breeds I can sex at 6-8 weeks, and pullets always bring the most money

10. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG] That is the plan for self blue Wyandottes.

Mini parade!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Glad no one got hurt.

That looks amazing.......................... what is it?

Man after my own heart.

WV, good news. I finally candled the eggs I just had in the hatcher and 5 out of the 11 weren't even developed. I got so busy that I didn't even candle at lock down. There was only 1 fully formed chick that was DIS. So in actuality I hatched 5 out of 6. Not bad.

How about putting Tylan 50 in the water and letting them all get a dose to kill it off? 3ml per gallon right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by