French frogs

Good morning all!

We've got spring morels here, the fall bloomers are up but they're false... bad news. I'm still getting Oregon white truffles, no black so far which is surprising. I think the common Chantelle are done but the boletes are still popping up.

The kiwis are just about done, prime picking after the freezing we had.

The second chick I hatched has been named "Murie" and has (for now) no indication of a tail! Goodie goodie gum drops... I'm fairly certain they're both pullets too, I looked at the feather buds and they both have the partridge pullet stripe through the eye... fingers crossed!

CH is on my leg... all excited!!! wonder whut he got
lau.gif
haha. the mental image of this cracks me up. Excited little puppy...

oh yeezus how much morels you can come find some with me, I think they are worth more
hugs.gif
and we can head down the appy near my house and head for some yang
thumbsup.gif
I never even thought to try to sell them. Depending on how wet our spring is, where I grow up, they grow like crazy. One spring we picked 10 gallons of morels. We dehydrated them. I still have some. Now I'm going to have to see how much they sell for.

I never even thought to try to sell them. Depending on how wet our spring is, where I grow up, they grow like crazy. One spring we picked 10 gallons of morels. We dehydrated them. I still have some. Now I'm going to have to see how much they sell for.
Good grief! $45 - 50 per 4 oz! Granted, that's probably about a gallon before you dehydrate them, but that is a lot for a fungus.

Lol I did not mean to imply they had to southern nutcases (for the record there are many way out here in the middle of no where that fly the confederate flag, and they are good people. Some are transplants, and some just identify with it) I simply meant some white supremacist symbol. Because that would be best case senerio for the left.
Oh no, you're not sucking me into a flag debate. We took it down, we took it down!
gig.gif

I know what I wish he would get...
lau.gif
He needs a good
smack.gif

snotosuckersteamer = flock

Last edited:
Good morning all!

We've got spring morels here, the fall bloomers are up but they're false... bad news. I'm still getting Oregon white truffles, no black so far which is surprising. I think the common Chantelle are done but the boletes are still popping up.

The kiwis are just about done, prime picking after the freezing we had.

The second chick I hatched has been named "Murie" and has (for now) no indication of a tail! Goodie goodie gum drops... I'm fairly certain they're both pullets too, I looked at the feather buds and they both have the partridge pullet stripe through the eye... fingers crossed!
mornin
hugs.gif
yep spring just after a fresh spring rainfall. we must see pictures you know? or they will become big mean roosters!

I know right? funny thing it pretty much does the same thing here, and yes same thinking
duc.gif

I used to take them to the chef at the country club, he was always happy to see me
lau.gif

You can not allow these thoughts to run you and your family life! You Must live a normal life as far as possible, and not let these scum run your life! I speak from experience, unfortunately! and I raise three children in this crazy situation!
Yes, it's so true. I do agree with you. Can't live in fear everyday. Just wish the world wasn't so ugly...at times.
Don't look to me to talk you out of it. Soon as I collect 24 Am eggs in 10 days, in they go :thumbsup
I've got 6 sitting on the counter. Thinking of doing the NYD HAL. But I don't want chicks. So I put an ad on CL, that I'm contemplating hatching if enough people respond and want chicks. Only one person contacting me so far, for only 2 chicks. So we'll see. But guess what, my new octagon 20 has been ordered for my bday/xmass gift!!
interesting WV did you get a picture
That's what I was wondering!
Of course I did! :lol: Now after looking at the picture, I realize I over estimated the length between the eggs... not unusual, huh? :D It was maybe an inch connecting them, and one was busted, but you get the idea... The whole egg is one of her tiny ones from a few days before.
Wow...interesting! At least I know not to panic if I see something like that. My girl has laid 3 eggs so far. Each one a little bigger then the last and they have white spots on them. Are those calcium deposits?
So I have a sick chicken and am trying to decide whether to cull. Of course it's my pretty little wheaten Ameraucana that has a sinus infection and a swollen eye/face on one side. Must have developed while I was on vacation, so the whole flock is exposed. No one else has symptoms. Started tylan 50 injections yesterday, not sure if she is responding yet. Not lethargic, breathing fine. Thoughts?
I would wait and see how she responds. I think it was Sally that said treat the water. Probably a good idea to give everyone some antibiotics, just to be safe.

Lol no debate! How about I change my original statement to "A huge cross in the background"

thumbsup.gif

I get defensive about the south, but not so much about religion
gig.gif

I've got 6 sitting on the counter. Thinking of doing the NYD HAL. But I don't want chicks. So I put an ad on CL, that I'm contemplating hatching if enough people respond and want chicks. Only one person contacting me so far, for only 2 chicks. So we'll see. But guess what, my new octagon 20 has been ordered for my bday/xmass gift!!
You're getting a 20?
wee.gif

You will love it.

I stopped posting "hatching soon" ads. They never got replies, except for the idiots that replied by saying "Do you have any adult hens?" I hatch them , advertise them, and if they don't sell within 2 weeks I take the ad down until I can sex them. Most of my breeds I can sex at 6-8 weeks, and pullets always bring the most money

Find a good solid black with a great comb... breed to that, then rebreed offspring back to the originals...
thumbsup.gif
That is the plan for self blue Wyandottes.

Mini parade!

The tractor was fine, the trailer was damaged, but not totaled. Scared the driver, but since the cab didn't go over he was fine. I would post a pic, but too many logos in the pictures
wink.png

"What he claims and what is actual"
Glad no one got hurt.

Two ounces short of being a pound
That looks amazing.......................... what is it?

Yes it does... The more you do, the more they expect. Gotta keep moving up that ladder, though. I've never been content to lay back
Man after my own heart.

I know what I wish he would get...
lau.gif
WV, good news. I finally candled the eggs I just had in the hatcher and 5 out of the 11 weren't even developed. I got so busy that I didn't even candle at lock down. There was only 1 fully formed chick that was DIS. So in actuality I hatched 5 out of 6. Not bad.

So I have a sick chicken and am trying to decide whether to cull. Of course it's my pretty little wheaten Ameraucana that has a sinus infection and a swollen eye/face on one side. Must have developed while I was on vacation, so the whole flock is exposed. No one else has symptoms.

Started tylan 50 injections yesterday, not sure if she is responding yet. Not lethargic, breathing fine.

Thoughts?
How about putting Tylan 50 in the water and letting them all get a dose to kill it off? 3ml per gallon right?

Back
Top Bottom