French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Yup! I'm excited! I'm going to be selling one of the mini's. If anyone wants it, pm me.

The problem with silkies is they take forever to sex but I guess more reason to hatch now so I can sell by spring. I've got two people, local, already waiting for pullets. The pullets were was easier to sell them I imagined. I sold all my extras in one weekend.

2. Cockatrice6420

Cockatrice6420 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most spoiled and noise tolerant chickens ever... it's hard to get a pic because they aren't afraid of the phone.

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Likely calcium deposits... do they wipe off? Or are they speckled. I think speckled is just a temporary glitch in the paint booth. My duck has extra calcium on hers occasionally. Rubs right off.
    [​IMG][​IMG]I don't do parades... but I'll start it off! That's awesome!
    [​IMG]

Soo cute! [​IMG]

What breed? I got some of the cutest pics texted to me last night of eggs that I sent to a fellow member. A couple of them look like yours!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] they come running to see what it is, I know!! love

5. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Forgot about the silkies. After a year of watching them hatch and grow, it's still at least 3 months before I can venture a fairly reasonable guess

6. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Cockatrice6420

Their mom is a welsummer and dad is hopefully and likely one of my aracauna roos... if not them then dad is bcm or ppr.

8. Cockatrice6420

Silly birds. My hubby is counting the day until they migrate out of the main house... he's always said "no chickens in the house", ha ha! Nany Nany boo boo!

9. frmboyinthecity

frmboyinthecity Overrun With Chickens

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    Woo hoo! Just got the text that the woman I'm buying hatching eggs from has collected the 2 dozen I'm buying.

10. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Beware of that 20. It will cause further addiction! :D

And you'll be able to fit lots more silkie eggs in it, probably at least 28, maybe up to 35!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by