French frogs

That looks good! And yes, it plumps up quite a bit, lol... thin layer otherwise it tends to mold... are you rinsing approx 3x per day?
Thanks, love my colors... and the dilemma is I wanna be like SC and plaster beautiful Am pullet egg pics everywhere!! :gig

Ok, I'll go thinner next time. I'm just spraying the tray with bottled water a few times a day to keep it moist. I did a small test batch with BOSS and it's almost ready probably tomorrow, I'll feed it to them. Does the spray bottle sound ok?
Here's the boss:

But... wasn't she and his current wife ...ahem...foreign?
There is his solution -he just needs to marry more women.

GAK! See what you've done to me? 
You got your weaselly can opener to my can of good two shoe shine and corrupted me.
I gotta go look a butterflies or something..

It happens if you peek in too much

:gig

I'm home on a Friday evening, and staying home. Haven't done that in a long long time, dont know what to do.
Oh yes I do... Its 5 o'clock somewhere, right? :D

It's 5:04 here I'll join you pour mine strong it's gonna be a long night.

Last edited:
You missed the whole blue/red fiasco, but I don't write on my eggs
smack.gif
I only did for a staggered hatch SC.

Love it! And compared to what's out there I would vote for him in a second.

Oh jeez, just sitting here watching these 3 Am roosters sowing their afternoon oats. Time to build that pen...
Poor guys. These Wyandotte from Foley are so strange. All the eggs I have incubated have been fertile, but I have never seen him breed. Whenever I went outside the BCM cockerel used to domination breed like crazy, not this guy. Too good for it. The two of them also don't eat table scraps. They are a couple of sophisticated chickens.

Fist one out. EE

@RavynFallen I'm making fodder for the chickens. It's red winter wheat. This stuff is like dough. It just keeps getting bigger, bigger. Did I use to much seed for a layer? That's the only part I'm not sure about. How much do you use? A thin a layer? A thick layer? This is my first go at it, so I'll see what happens but I wanted to make a few trays every other day so I'll keep having fresh available. This is day 3:
I setup a timer and a $20 pump. The water flows through staggered trays. I feed fodder about every other day to keep them in greens for the winter.

Ok, I'll go thinner next time. I'm just spraying the tray with bottled water a few times a day to keep it moist. I did a small test batch with BOSS and it's almost ready probably tomorrow, I'll feed it to them. Does the spray bottle sound ok?
Here's the boss:

That looked thin enough to me, just saying don't go thicker, lol... spraying might be fine, but you really want to rinse or you might start getting mold in next couple days... are you draining it after spraying? You also do not want it sitting in water... it's ok for it to dry up a bit, too much sitting water and by day 6 you'll smell it, trust me... :sick

Poor guys. These Wyandotte from Foley are so strange. All the eggs I have incubated have been fertile, but I have never seen him breed. Whenever I went outside the BCM cockerel used to domination breed like crazy, not this guy. Too good for it. The two of them also don't eat table scraps. They are a couple of sophisticated chickens.

I think perhaps their tails are just on backwards and he is just missing things WV
hu.gif
or else sidewing is using his binoculars wrong.

I setup a timer and a $20 pump. The water flows through staggered trays. I feed fodder about every other day to keep them in greens for the winter.

I've seen setups like that on YouTube. Do you have like a wooden shelf thing and trays on each shelf? That's the real deal. I'm just doing small little batches. Keep me busy and the chickens happy through winter.

That looked thin enough to me, just saying don't go thicker, lol... spraying might be fine, but you really want to rinse or you might start getting mold in next couple days... are you draining it after spraying? You also do not want it sitting in water... it's ok for it to dry up a bit, too much sitting water and by day 6 you'll smell it, trust me... :sick

I poked tons of holes in the bottom. But I'm still getting a little water accumulation. So I tilt it and drain it. I think I need bigger holes!

I've seen setups like that on YouTube. Do you have like a wooden shelf thing and trays on each shelf? That's the real deal. I'm just doing small little batches. Keep me busy and the chickens happy through winter.
I poked tons of holes in the bottom. But I'm still getting a little water accumulation. So I tilt it and drain it. I think I need bigger holes!

Roots will go through the holes... just stay with lots of holes and tilting it... same thing I had to do... :/

Back
Top Bottom