French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    My EEs usually hatch around 95%. All 17 made lockdown, and eggs looked strong

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    I have an interesting dilemma... the fat Am pullet SC :love is penned with a couple Araucana bantams currently... 1 older hen, 1 younger hen and a pullet... none had been laying due to molt and age... started getting some eggs the last few days... thought it was the older hen and the younger, but now I am not so sure... older hen lays a good sized medium egg and younger lays a smaller one...

[​IMG]

Left egg is definitely Araucana bantam, younger hen... but right egg doesn't look quite like the older hens eggs looked like... maybe the Am pullet is laying... ???

3. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Wow, beautiful color

4. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Thanks... they're not quite as :eek: as that, but they are a pretty blue... mine can run the whole range of blues to greens, lol...

5. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY

What about Israeli costumers?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/quote]1 and 2 I will ship to, but 3 and all of 4 I will deliver :thumbsup[/quote]
    Sc, you're to much! :lau

I forgot it was hatch day tomorrow'! Looks like you're off to a good start. :fl

I don't know Ravyn, but I love the color!!

6. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Thanks, Ruby... :)

I think Benny has a Chaos clause attached to his quotes... :gig

7. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    1 and 2 I will ship to, but 3 and all of 4 I will deliver :thumbsup[/quote]
    Sc, you're to much! :lau
    I forgot it was hatch day tomorrow'! Looks like you're off to a good start. :fl
    I don't know Ravyn, but I love the color!![/quote]Yeah, it's day 20. I usually get a few early hatchers. A lot of pips in the last hour, and the lockdown candle showed good development and air cells. 23 of 24 made lockdown. 17 EEs and 6 BCM

1 person likes this.
  8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Sweet! I'm glad you finally took a day off work to watch your chicks hatch :thumbsup

9. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I've actually been outside or gone all day. Just happened to walk in when that one popped out. I'm watching TV now. Captain of the blue...
    Never mind :gig

10. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    @RavynFallen I'm making fodder for the chickens. It's red winter wheat. This stuff is like dough. It just keeps getting bigger, bigger. Did I use to much seed for a layer? That's the only part I'm not sure about. How much do you use? A thin a layer? A thick layer? This is my first go at it, so I'll see what happens but I wanted to make a few trays every other day so I'll keep having fresh available. This is day 3:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by