French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Yes, they can. But you can set that one aside. Focus on life and joy with your new grandchild tomorrow!

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Overrun With Chickens

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    That is right! New baby! That makes one heck of a Christmas Present

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Baby day tomorrow grandpa Phil!! [​IMG]

4. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    [​IMG] Well just in case I didn't already post this....my son Jeremy yesterday. Getting his Masters in Nursing....Grandson Mason

1 person likes this.
  5. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Catching up...

Still have a set of Calls and Ohiki going for the NYHAL... and OH just gave the green light for another setting of Calls in next day or so since they've laid a bunch this last week... plus the varieties we've been getting are awesome...

So wrong... but so right... :gig

All I can say is Respect... got a ton for you...

Again, am very sorry for the loss you and his family are feeling... :hugs

So do you... good people hold guilt far too long... a friend was involved in a bad accident, guy tried to pass him on a very dangerous road... his passenger didn't survive, she was barely 20... even though it was not his fault, he still feels it... and spends his days trying to run from it...

:hugs

X2

Well said...

6. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    @WalnutHill I'm so sorry you lost a friend. :hugs

I love it!

That sounds good. I'm sure they appreciate it in those -below nights!!

Sorry to hear that. That one was so adorable. First 24 hours, could have been anything.

They are beautiful. Now that I'm an actual chicken owner, I would have done that breed instead. My neighbor has a couple and they are just so beautiful and tiny! And have good personality.
    One thing that Ive learned is that sometimes, just acknowledging something out loud (even if you've thought it somewhere inside for a long time) can help with healing, tremendously. I'm the type of person to bottle up everything and never share my deeper feelings. I've had a lot of demons and whenever I had the courage to step out of my comfort zone and say them, I've been able to come to peace with them. :hugs

7. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Thank you Ruby...some people told me not to provide any heat to my ducks...I cannot leave them out there with a clear conscience in below zero weather without some safe zone. They talk about fire danger I don't see it a heat lamp that is secure and a safe distance from anything flammable should be fine.

8. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Quote: Even if you voice them out loud where only the trees and moss can hear you, it helps.

My best friend died just a couple of years after high school and it took me a long time to let go of the grief of never having a chance to say goodbye, and not having "done" anything to stop her self-destructive behavior. I know that I wasn't responsible for it, but for a long time I felt I could have done more, could have kept her from hanging out with people who got her into dangerous habits, from a set of circumstances that led to her death.

I went through a phase then that if not for the grace of God I'd have ended up dead as well...but I survived, and am much the better for having faced and fought that demon. I only wish I'd done it sooner.

1 person likes this.
  9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm exhausted. Will be glad to get next week over with! Finally got a full nights sleep last night, since my lockdown started. Shopped this morning, then took the final ducklings to their new momma, did more Christmas shopping, came home and made pasta salad for a work luncheon tomorrow, made some brownie/cookies, finally made out my Christmas cards, which they probably wont receive till after Christmas.... Still a couple presents left to buy, but I'm close now....

:th

Night night all!

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    :hugs for everyone on the thread. Unable to respond individually, but please know that I am thinking of each and every one of you.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by