Frequent 'fart eggs'

leaker88

Hatching
Nov 21, 2015
I am getting a couple of 'fart eggs' a week, and wonder if I should be concerned. I have 9 layers and 1 rooster, and I don't know which hen is laying these eggs.

I have read several threads about 'fart eggs', and I know a lot of people have had one or two in their entire chicken experience, but a couple each week? This has been going on for 4-5 weeks.

How old are your layers? How large are the eggs you are getting and have you cracked to confirm if it is a full egg (yolk and white) or just shell over white? Are any of the birds returning to laying after a break of some sort (molt, broodiness, illness, etc)?

I have layers from 8 months to 4 years. The eggs do not have a yolk. I just got my smallest yet, it is about an inch long. The others have been a little larger. I have not had any molting, sicknesses or broodiness.

For a few weeks I got a couple of huge double yolkers a week. After thatt stopped, I have been getting these small eggs a couple of times a week, maybe slightly more often. I have been wondering if it could be the same hen.

Could be one of the older birds at the end of her production...or coming out of a molt.

I would think that will that age range you'd have seen some molting.

Back
Top Bottom