Fried Chicken Livers

I soak my chicken livers in cold water in the fridge all day before i cook them for dinner. It takes some of the strong liver taste out.Little trick I learned running a deli in central Fla before moving to tn. down there they don't all like the strong chicken liver taste.salt, pepper roll in flour and deep fry, goodwith a salad and hot rolls for dinner.
cool.png

Mother to 12 RIRs, 1 Pit bull, 1poodle mix1yorkie, and 1 crabby gray cat

The buttermilk does the same thing. It pulls out the strong blood taste. The acid in the milk also helps to start breaking it down.

Wine is also a good thing to soak meats in. It flavors, and also performs that function of breaking down connective tissues. Every once in a while I will soak livers in burgandy prior to frying.

Quote:
You left the bell pepers out. I add a little brandy just before they are done for added falvor. Cooked this way severed cold, all the kids would eat them like candy. One of my son's
friends wouldn't beleve they were chicken livers, for he hated liver.

I am the only one in the house who particularly likes chicken liver. When I cook a chicken I consider the liver to be a special treat for the cook. I don't go to a lot of bother - a bit of butter and/or olive oil in the pan, some sliced or chopped garlic, cooked at med-low heat so it doesn't brown, toss in the liver(s), seasoned with freshly ground pepper, and some thyme or oregeno from the garden, if available, fried 'till brown on the outside, but still pink on the inside, and eaten out of sight of family members who are not fond of liver. Hmmm!

I make butter milk by adding 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon to 1 cup milk and let sit for a while.

If you have some butter milk you can make more by adding room temp milk and letting it sit all night on the counter, the fresh milk will sour too. you can keep doing this and never have to buy it again. Be sure to stat with at least one cup milk.

I like my livers sauteed in butter, The first livers from my boys were the best I ever ate.

D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Do they have a smooth texture or is it like eating regular chicken meat?

I had a bad experience with liver once, but it was beef liver. I've never tried chicken, just assumed it would be the same.

Back
Top Bottom