Fried Chicken Livers

How about chicken livers wrapped in bacon and broiled, that's my idea of yummy! Or sauteed with garlic, onions and mushrooms and served on a bed of rice with a sprinkling of fresh parsley for color!!!! (When my whole family leaves that is my treat, they think I'm way too gross)

MissPrissy there is 34 pages in that thread and all I can see is talk of yougurt, can you please marrow it down for me on the buttermilk part? Thanks!

And yes Cheryl, they sure are good that way too! But MissPrissys looked like big juicy fried clams and I think that is why I want to try them that way!

The other 2 adults in this house refuse to eat them however all of the kids love them, I sneaked them in when the others were at work, so when I feel the need (yes the NEED ) to eat them the 2 other adult fend for themselves or don't eat. however it has been almost 1 month and I may have to go to the grocery store now cause missprissy made me hungry.

I've never tried fried chicken liver, I'm sure they are yummy, but what about the tartar sauce (kidding!) I was giving more options! I grew up with my grandmothers chicken pate and really loved it...no real recipe but....
she sauteed onions and a bit of garlic until translucent, added the chicken livers and browned them up, added chicken stock and then simmered to completely cook the liver, put it all in a blender and pureed it up, measured about what she had and then set it with a bit of gelatin, if you have real stock that is loaded with gelatin, vs the canned stuff, you probably wouldnt' need any gelatin....season with salt and pepper and pour into container to set up in the frig....

Try hienz 57 or make gravy and add some to it. LOL

Tartar is scrictly for my fish on friday routine. LOL

That is pretty much the way I make pate but I melt real butter and use it to make the top and bottom layer of the pate mold.

I have made it this long without clicking on this post,,, but I had to give in I LOVE LIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't have it right now,,, but those pictures made me want to crawl through my computer and roll around in a vat of chicken livers and eat until I exploded. Whew.....

Back
Top Bottom