Friendly pheasants?

BirdNut

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 13, 2010
Suprise, Arizona
Can someone share their experience with each of the pheasant species, and tell me which is the firendliest? I want to get some pheasants, but I don't want a bird that will chase me around the yard, or threaten to bite whenever I get near it.

Thanks!

Friendly as in will they take food from your hand, or let you rub them, or let you get close to them.

For me the pheasants that let me rub them are Lady amherst, Temmnicks tragopan, and silvers

The one that take food from me are Yellow goldens, Silvers, and Reeves

The ones that let me get close up are Monals, Reds, Blue eared, Koklass .

Impeyans are great birds. I like to hear their call in the breeding season.They love to dig so you need fencing all around the bottom outside of your cage as you should for all your birds to keep predators out.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:

I've had some not so friendly reeves, and silvers in the past. But My temmincks tragopan, lady amherst, and red goldens will eat out of my hands.

Someday... if I ever get to retire, I'll own pheasants as many as I can... I've always wanted Chinese Ringnecks.

They can be as all birds can be given the proper care.All birds love to get treats and that is the best way to tame them.When they see you coming,they will be waiting at the door trying to get their treats.
In N.H.,Tony.

The friendliest pheasants I have are from the genuis lophoura, also known as the 'gallo' pheasants. Reeves, (when they're not chasing you), are also pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom