Friesian/Paint Colt-Added more pics, pg 3

danischi24

Loves naked pets
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Australia
I saw this colt for sale down the road from me so I thought I'd ask opinions. The photos are awful but it's just a sneak peek til I see him. His sire is the Friesian, either imported from the Netherlands or F1 in the country. His dam is the paint mare pictured & very similarly marked to the colt. He is 11 months old. They say he is huge & I don't doubt he's a handful for them already...they are very flexible on price

I'd want him for riding out, low level dressage/jumping and carriage.

Sire:

Dam:

And the colt:

Last edited:
Do you guys think he will go his dam's color or shed out to black? I'm still sniggering at the guy holding his lead from outside the fence
lau.gif

Oh. My. Gosh. My dream horse is a Friesian. That is so incredibly beautiful. I just about fell over.

The paint looks very pretty. I've never heard of crossing a Friesian with a paint, but I also love paints. Would be very interested to find out more about the colt's personality!

Personally, I'd stay far away.

Any Friesian stallion being used to create these crosses is not a good enough stallion to BE a Friesian stallion, for the most part. People buy them cheap and then cross them on all manner of horses, anything with a working uterus, and sell the foals as "sport horses" regardless of their conformation.

I see it on CL all the time.

Neither the sire or dam is anything that needs to be bred going by THESE pictures and the colt is nothing special either. For a good price and the cost of a gelding procedure, he might make a really cute riding horse though.

Good luck.

I would probably agree with Epona. The even less-than-stellar Friesians I have seen sell in the thousands of dollars. One of the reasons I have never owned one. :-| I recently saw a colt with good bloodlines selling for more than $15,000.00. I have never heard of crossing Friesians. I adore Friesians (and Andalusians!). But Epona is probably right. Crossing a Friesian with a paint sounds suspicious to me.

He's a bay. If he is sound and well-built, he looks like he will have the size for a sport horse. But I do agree the sire does not look like that great an example of the breed. If you are considering him, have a prepurchase exam. And don't pay a premium price.

Need better pictures of his conformation. He would make a good riding prospect! I'm not too impressed with the mare herself, seems like she is either too straight in her backquarters or standing wrong.

Now, lets see those better pictures, all sides! He is just a baby and will fill out a bit later.

The US might have too many horses, but Israel doesn't, all horses are expensive & there are less than 100 Friesians in the country. All imported stallion owners keep a pure mare or two & stud their stallions out to the locals, that's how it works here.

Back
Top Bottom