Frostbite HELP!

Hi so punkin still inside and I switched from wood shavings to straw because it's softer. Yesterday he wasn't drinking or eating much so I gave him some electro light water and he is back to normal. I switched to soaking every other night to let his foot do it's own natural thing hear are some pictures of it now. He is spoiled inside with his sister getting attention treats and warmth.his toe is getting ready to fall off.
2643.jpeg
2642.jpeg

I am having the same issue with my Rhode Island Red rooster. He's in my house but his feet are pretty black and he is walking funny on one. Ive gotten some great advice from people on the forum, still not sure what to do for him other than the Epsom Salt baths. Good luck with and best wishes to Punkin!

Punkin is adorable! It does look like he’ll lose the skinny part of that toe, but overall he’s looking pretty good! We should probably try to hkelp you figure out how this happened in the first place. Humidity usually is a bigger risk factor than temperature for frostbite. I would make sure the coop is well insulated. Is there anything metal ge coukd have roosted on? Perhaps the heated roost is too warm for him and he chose to roost elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom