FROZEN BIRDS WANTED

boevers

Hatching
12 Years
Sep 8, 2007
I am just starting to learn taxidermy and would like to purchase any frozen birds. Such as small caged birds, chickens, or any wild birds such as pheasants, Grouse, etc. Please email me with any offers. Thanks
Wisconsin
[email protected]

Last edited:
I have a 12 pound turkey I got from the store last thanksgiving I forot to cook but it probably would be hard to Mount!!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL that is great!!! I use to do the same thing!! My mom hated it!

Haha, yeah. I also had a few hamsters in there with my huge 9 inch long goldfishes and few other small pets. Then one gold fish became dislodged and gave away the position of all the others stashed away. Even had a leopard gecko in there.

Quote:
LOL that is great!!! I use to do the same thing!! My mom hated it!

Haha, yeah. I also had a few hamsters in there with my huge 9 inch long goldfishes and few other small pets. Then one gold fish became dislodged and gave away the position of all the others stashed away. Even had a leopard gecko in there.

Thats so funny, I never knew what I was going to do with them all. I just kept them.

I brought home a badger that had been hit on the road once. I put him in our huge walk in freezer behind the packages of my beef steer that had been butchered. That badger was HUGE I never even knew we had badgers out here where I lived.

I will never forget my mom reaction when he came crashing out from behind all the meat packages!!

On one of our backraods here we great TONS of Barn Owls that get hit at night. I tell my Husband that one day he is going to find one in the freezer!
big_smile.png

I had a fancy pigeon that hit a window and my brother brought it home for me but it died. That was a week ago and I put it out for the foxes. I wish I knew earlier. I'll keep you in mind. I have two road-kill chipmunk pelts I did and a copperhead snake skin but I haven't gotten into doing birds yet. Good luck!

Hey guys, just so you might want to check into your local DNR rules before practicing on road kill. In the state of Iowa you have to be a liscensed taxidermist to legally have pelts, or skins of any animal that needs a hunting or fishing liscense to be taken. We just had a guy get fined BIG BUCKS and he could do jail time for having deer heads, fish and wild birds that he was practicing on. I just dont want anyone getting fined like he did. Good luck, Jenn

Thanks, I checked with my local police department when I found a fresh road-kill Canada Goose I wanted to disect and they told me to get lost, they didn't care, and that's a "game bird". I think deer would be a whole different matter though! Good point.

Back
Top Bottom