Fudge

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
I can't seem to make regular fudge w/o it being gritty from the sugar.
sad.png

I made peanut butter fudge and it was fine and good but I need help w/ the regular.

Do you have any easy fudge recipes or no sugar? i thought there was a fudge recipe w/ that creme marshmallow not sure if you need sugar still but if you do then how do I get rid of the grittyness?

3 cups sugar
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) (Do not use sweetened condensed milk.)
1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
1 jar (7 oz.) Marshmallow Creme
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla make it

LINE 9-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.

ADD chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted. Add walnuts and vanilla; mix well.

POUR immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan. Let stand at room temperature 4 hours or until completely cooled; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

Quote:
Butter the inside of the pan and make sure the sugar doesn't start to crysta up the sidesl. If it does, don't scape it back into the mixture.

Just a little way of doing something can save a recipe.

Last edited:
Quote:
Butter the inside of the pan and make sure the sugar doesn't start to crysta up the sidesl. If it does, don't scape it back into the mixture.

Just a little way of doing something can save a recipe.

I think that is the problem I don't know why it is doing it or when. I make it like it says and then stir the heck out of it. Then put it in the pan and when cooled and I go to eat a piece it is gritty.

OK I'm gonna brag cause I do make great fudge. LOL

Do you stir if after you cook it?

Keep your heat down. Don't let it form crystals as it's cooking and butter the bottom and sides of the pan. Don't splash it around while you cook it. If it does get crystals on the sides, don't scrape them into the mixture.

I don't mix mine all together. Meaning I don't add to the pot I've cooked the sugar and milk in.

Use another pan or a glass or metel bowl. Don't use plastic or it will make the fudge greasy.

Pour the milk, butter and sugar over marshmellow cream and chocolate that you've already put in the bowl.

Stir it till it blends and then whip the heck out of it until it's no longer glossy. It will get thicker as you beat it and your arm will feel like it's gonna fall off. Means you'r doing it just right. LOL

Add vanilla ( I always add more than the recipe) and mix it in well. You can also add nuts not too. If you add them while it's still too hot and not think it can make it greasy from the oils in the nuts.

Then spread in into a buttered pan or dish and let it sit.

Ok I will give it a try again....I though I followed the directions is all but maybe not.

Do you have a recipe?

oh yeah I probably did stir it while cooking I don't remember have not tried to make it in forever a couple years?

hide.gif
this may be considered cheating when it comes to making fudge but here goes. I just made fudge for the first time and used a really simple recipe.

3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup of butter
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk

Melt together in microwave or on stove top, add 1 cup nuts is desired and pour into 8 x 8 well greased pan, allow to set up in fridge.

Like I said this may be cheating but it was really good and I don't see how it could be messed up. The recipe also said you could sub peanut butter chips in for the semi sweet.

Back
Top Bottom