Remember a while ago we were talking about unconventional nesting boxes? Look at what I found this morning...it's the picture I mentioned:

View attachment 2023814

:gig
Ah, too funny! We've got an old outhouse at home that's a bit rickety. I told my husband I was going to stabilize it and put a nest in the turlet for the chickens :clap

I figured out that if I order feed online from TSC, our store gets deliveries on Thursdays, then I'm pretty much guaranteed to get enough of the feed I prefer all at once. If not then it all goes quick and I'm stuck with meatbird or chick crumble or have to buy some other brand. I ordered online at 0100 today and my order was ready right after they opened at 0800. Also picked up a bag of OS, a bag of pine pellets and some pine shavings. I raked out a bunch of the straw from both coops and spread it around the yard, then divided the pine between them. Tomorrow we'll process 3 roosters and maybe 2 pullets as well and we'll see what the flock does from there. One more nest box build to go, not sure what that's going to look like but id3like a couple in the mini coop just in case.

I figured out that if I order feed online from TSC, our store gets deliveries on Thursdays, then I'm pretty much guaranteed to get enough of the feed I prefer all at once. If not then it all goes quick and I'm stuck with meatbird or chick crumble or have to buy some other brand. I ordered online at 0100 today and my order was ready right after they opened at 0800. Also picked up a bag of OS, a bag of pine pellets and some pine shavings. I raked out a bunch of the straw from both coops and spread it around the yard, then divided the pine between them. Tomorrow we'll process 3 roosters and maybe 2 pullets as well and we'll see what the flock does from there. One more nest box build to go, not sure what that's going to look like but id3like a couple in the mini coop just in case.

Nice that you can get your feed ordered IM, that will make life easier.

Nice that you can get your feed ordered IM, that will make life easier.
Yes it sure is! It's a drive to go to TSC but the local feed store makes it a pain to get the pellets...I have to remind them every time to reorder and stand there to make sure they put it in the computer.

Back
Top Bottom