It took me 15 minutes and 18 seconds to go to the post office on my break, I didn’t get a call until after 10!
These three are very roly poly and drank all their gro gel on the way here. The bigs are very interested
9E7D1D15-6F8E-4243-BF72-696934E8B184.jpeg

It took me 15 minutes and 18 seconds to go to the post office on my break, I didn’t get a call until after 10!
These three are very roly poly and drank all their gro gel on the way here. The bigs are very interested
View attachment 2505041
Congratulations, I'm so glad they arrived safely & healthy! So cuuuute!💞

View attachment 2505041

I love how soft and cuddly they are right now , and we get to watch them grow ❤ I'm in love with them !!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us 😊

Congratulations, I'm so glad they arrived safely & healthy! So cuuuute!💞
They really are cute stumbling around in there! They were running around looking for food when I left them in the duck house. With the bigs pressing against the fence wanting to go in and check them out.
I love how soft and cuddly they are right now , and we get to watch them grow ❤ I'm in love with them !!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us 😊
I’m so happy you’re enjoying with me Sue! I think I like ducks more than chickens but don’t tell anyone!

They really are cute stumbling around in there! They were running around looking for food when I left them in the duck house. With the bigs pressing against the fence wanting to go in and check them out.

I’m so happy you’re enjoying with me Sue! I think I like ducks more than chickens but don’t tell anyone!

I won't tell because that's how I feel, except for the Marans we had.

Everyone is tucked in for the night. The bigs came out for a quick dip while I changed their water and rinsed the soup bowl. They had peas and grapes tonight. The babies were peeping a bit but snuggled under the heat plate. They didn’t like it when the bigs left and went for a drink. I’m debating about adding a second level to the NIC grids because the bigs can reach over a bit and I don’t want anyone getting hurt. We’ll see.

Everyone is tucked in for the night. The bigs came out for a quick dip while I changed their water and rinsed the soup bowl. They had peas and grapes tonight. The babies were peeping a bit but snuggled under the heat plate. They didn’t like it when the bigs left and went for a drink. I’m debating about adding a second level to the NIC grids because the bigs can reach over a bit and I don’t want anyone getting hurt. We’ll see.

So the littles like having the bigs around? I would have thought they'd be scared of them. Maybe integration will go well for you!

So the littles like having the bigs around? I would have thought they'd be scared of them. Maybe integration will go well for you!
Thanks NFC, we’ll see how it goes. I was talking to hubs about it last night and he said they’ll be just like chickens, they have a brain about the same size :gig

Last edited:
The big ducks are beginning their 10-16 week molt and are starting to get ther adult feathers. I’m finding little feathers all over the place, although Pip has yet to start.

I took their pool out to the yard today and filled it up. When they went around the corner and saw it they stopped in their tracks. Silly things, I had to splash my hand in the water to lure them over.

Sad note here. I went out to let the big ducks out yesterday and found two dead ducklings. The third was under the heat plate peeping a lot. It was like they just keeled over. I know the bigs couldn’t get over the barrier, I put up that second NIC grid panel, and the babies were on their own side. The third died at some point later in the day. Maybe shipping stress? There are no tunnels into the coop, no holes in the wood, they had no physical injuries that I could see. It was within the time frame for credit at the hatchery but I ordered some white layer ducklings from elsewhere that ship next week.

Back
Top Bottom