Pics
Even with $100 off Brinsea costs too much. Although if I did win that I would get their brooder plate since i think that is either $100 or less. Their Incubators which I heard are great just aren't worth the price considering the low capacity per price.

I like the idea of a brooder plate. That I would use for sure.

You guys talking about hatching reminded me...have you thrown your names in for this contest?
win-a-100-brinsea-voucher.1335892
Easy to enter and maybe one of you will get lucky!

I'm not going to enter it, because I already have 2 incubator's that can each hold 42 egg's each. I did go there to the link and look. I got distracted on the list there on the left when I seen the list for the hatching egg supplier's. :gig

https://www.brinsea.com/articles/EggSuppliers.aspx

Updated kitchen notes on roasted yard bird:

Next brine will include a couple of bay leaves, omit dill, only 2 stalks celery and a smaller onion.

I will definitely continue processing the veg's in the blender. The meat was moist without being salty and had much more flavor. It needs more...zing, going to try some Old Bay seasoning.

No more yard birds in the freezer. I have 3 or 4 boys coming of age in a couple of months and a couple of pullets to process eventually.

I peeked at the eggs tonight, just the 2 that have the worst air cells, and tossed the one with a bloodring.

20191019_044158-1.jpg

:gigFrank the beefcake. We're going to take this pic to the vet for their collage

Updated kitchen notes on roasted yard bird:

Next brine will include a couple of bay leaves, omit dill, only 2 stalks celery and a smaller onion.

I will definitely continue processing the veg's in the blender. The meat was moist without being salty and had much more flavor. It needs more...zing, going to try some Old Bay seasoning.

No more yard birds in the freezer. I have 3 or 4 boys coming of age in a couple of months and a couple of pullets to process eventually.

I peeked at the eggs tonight, just the 2 that have the worst air cells, and tossed the one with a bloodring.

Thanks for sharing the results of the blended brine IM! Interesting results. And it's always nice to be able to adjust to fit tastes.

Is it this coming week when you'll have some newly hatched chicks (I've kind of lost track)?

Back
Top Bottom