Ok, so, I just did a bit op of research on these neat little critters, and I think I’ll tell the hubby about them..where would I get them? I live in the boonies, and I’m not real keen on ordering straight from a catalog... I see that once I get some, they will most like go broody, and Wah lah...I will have more...but, how did you get your first Fugly?

Snaps from the garden today. I planted asparagus, Chinese forget me nots, alyssum and Nastrurtiums today. I'm not too sure about where I put the asparagus but we'll see.
20200126_134125.jpg
20200126_134135.jpg
20200126_134157.jpg
20200126_134205.jpg
20200126_134228.jpg
20200126_134211.jpg
20200126_134140.jpg
l
Yes, it is! I was surprised when I walked out there this morning and found the 2 green egg's out there!

Well I've finally decided I'm going to keep only Jr for my roo and 7 girls. The 4 older girls, the Dorking mix girl and the 2 pullets from Roger and the Cowgirl. I'm not keeping any of the younger meat birds. In theory the 2 pullets from the Cowgirl should both lay green eggs so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Ok, so, I just did a bit op of research on these neat little critters, and I think I’ll tell the hubby about them..where would I get them? I live in the boonies, and I’m not real keen on ordering straight from a catalog... I see that once I get some, they will most like go broody, and Wah lah...I will have more...but, how did you get your first Fugly?
I got hatching eggs from @BlueBaby. I got more from her after I had to put down my flock and kept my new roo from that hatch because he has a very laid back personality. I also got some hatching eggs from @cactusrota as well. I kept the biggest girls from that hatch, my blue, red and buff girls plus the little black one for her nakedness. I also got a few more eggs from BlueBaby that are from a different rooster and I'm keeping the pullets only from that hatch.

Snaps from the garden today. I planted asparagus, Chinese forget me nots, alyssum and Nastrurtiums today. I'm not too sure about where I put the asparagus but we'll see.
View attachment 2011879View attachment 2011880View attachment 2011881View attachment 2011882View attachment 2011883View attachment 2011884View attachment 2011885l

Well I've finally decided I'm going to keep only Jr for my roo and 7 girls. The 4 older girls, the Dorking mix girl and the 2 pullets from Roger and the Cowgirl. I'm not keeping any of the younger meat birds. In theory the 2 pullets from the Cowgirl should both lay green eggs so keep your fingers crossed for me!

True confessions time...I cooked asparagus for the very 1st time last week (roasted it). Pretty good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom