I like the Californians...they look like they're Siamese :love

The rabbits were ok, they were pretty low maintenance. And the babies are incredibly cute. But I much preferred the chickens and goats in terms of animals to interact with...they just had more personality. Which was fine, since the rabbits weren't pets.

The rabbits were ok, they were pretty low maintenance. And the babies are incredibly cute. But I much preferred the chickens and goats in terms of animals to interact with...they just had more personality. Which was fine, since the rabbits weren't pets.
You're right about that, not much personality. That's fine with me, as long as it'll poop.

I say that now, but you wait. If I get a bunny I'll get attached. I know me lol.

You're right about that, not much personality. That's fine with me, as long as it'll poop.

I say that now, but you wait. If I get a bunny I'll get attached. I know me lol.

Some rabbits seem to have a bit more going for them than others. Not sure if it's the breed or what but people do get attached. My cousin used to have one that was box trained and seemed to respond to his name.

We had one that definitely preferred DH over me...any time I had to refill his food bowl, he'd bite me. I had to wear long leather gloves around that guy. That's not the sort of "personality" I wanted to deal with. :lol:

Some rabbits seem to have a bit more going for them than others. Not sure if it's the breed or what but people do get attached. My cousin used to have one that was box trained and seemed to respond to his name.

We had one that definitely preferred DH over me...any time I had to refill his food bowl, he'd bite me. I had to wear long leather gloves around that guy. That's not the sort of "personality" I wanted to deal with. :lol:
Uh, no I wouldn't either! Rotten little beast.

IM, you mentioned down sizing your flock...are you selling them or processing them?

There's a new member looking for some girls in the greater Phoenix area. Is that around you or @BlueBaby?

looking-for-pullets-greater-phoenix-az.1346449
Thank you but we're processing. I'm reluctant to sell my birds because I suspect we've had Marek's. 2 possible cases recently, a pullet that started to walk funny and a cockerel with a growth on his neck.

They are quite hearty I would agree. Disease resistant I would not agree with. They're like any other chicken and can/do get sick.

I wonder if the reason why they aren't as disease resistant like they try to say is because so few of them now are the original Turken's, and have been cross bred into so many different other breed's that were not disease resistant?

IM, you mentioned down sizing your flock...are you selling them or processing them?

There's a new member looking for some girls in the greater Phoenix area. Is that around you or @BlueBaby?

looking-for-pullets-greater-phoenix-az.1346449

I already pretty much thinned down and sold the one's I wasn't keeping over here. All I have left that could go is one white naked neck pullet out in the coop that's not laying yet, and then the 6 naked neck's that are in my brooder still that I'm not sure of the sex of them yet. I'm thinking 2 of those are boys. I don't like to only let one go by itself though. There should be at least 2 that should leave together. I just got rid of my 3 cockerels last week.

Back
Top Bottom