Garden expansion before we enclose it. Had to move mulch out and frankenwagon too.
E0A1F6E2-FFF8-42A2-8C7A-5CFF1CC17BCB.jpeg

Tearing out one wall around the xeriscape area
AFA05155-1229-4570-BCEE-060BACE22424.jpeg

Morning IM, do you have another day of yard work ahead of you?
Good morning NFC. Yes’m I do. I have to move soil into the garden, then move the blocks in there until I get around to building a planter in an area that can only grow shallow root stuff and then I have 8 pavers to put in and a few to fix because they’ve moved. What are you up to today? Is your hubs home and keeping you busy?

Good morning NFC. Yes’m I do. I have to move soil into the garden, then move the blocks in there until I get around to building a planter in an area that can only grow shallow root stuff and then I have 8 pavers to put in and a few to fix because they’ve moved. What are you up to today? Is your hubs home and keeping you busy?

That sounds like a lot of hard work, take care of your back! What sort of shallow root things are you going to grow?

DH leaves today to go back but he'll be back up here later in the week, unless snow causes travel problems. We're supposed to get snow here Monday, Thursday & Friday. :tongue

That sounds like a lot of hard work, take care of your back! What sort of shallow root things are you going to grow?

DH leaves today to go back but he'll be back up here later in the week, unless snow causes travel problems. We're supposed to get snow here Monday, Thursday & Friday. :tongue
Oh yuck! That white stuff is no fun. I hope
It doesn’t cause your DH issues getting home again later in the week.
There used to be a fire pit in the area where I’m growing my lettuce, in the blue pool, before we moved in. We were unable to excavate it and remove all the blocks so shallow root stuff is all I can grow there. The boys spent hours trying to dig it up, hubs and I helped, but once you get down about 8 inches our soil turns to concrete. That’s why I’ve mulched the whole yard and my garden is in a raised bed. It takes years to get the soil into a condition where you can garden more than weeds.

I’ve had quite a bit of time outside with the ducks over the last couple of days and I’ve got a strong suspicion that Fig is a drake. It’s difficult to tell for sure because they are always together but I think all we get out Fig is whispers, no quacks. The next few weeks will hopefully tell for sure, their next molt should reveal a drake feather if so. I’m watching that tail!

I’ve had quite a bit of time outside with the ducks over the last couple of days and I’ve got a strong suspicion that Fig is a drake. It’s difficult to tell for sure because they are always together but I think all we get out Fig is whispers, no quacks. The next few weeks will hopefully tell for sure, their next molt should reveal a drake feather if so. I’m watching that tail!

Is that ok with you if Fig ends up being male?

Is that ok with you if Fig ends up being male?
I suppose it is. I ordered three more females just in case. They’ll be here the week of Jan 25. If Fig isn’t a drake then I can keep them all or sell 2. Honestly, I don’t think I want to have chickens and ducks at the same time so if Fig isn’t a drake I may just keep them all.

Back
Top Bottom