Felix Unger! Too funny IM...just think, if you hatch some eggs you might end up with an Oscar Madison too :lol:
No Oscars allowed!
Hubs said Mr. Rogers but nope, that’s a Felix Unger in duck form lol. He would hiss at me at first when I’d put my hands out to feed them and still gets a little bit crazy over it sometimes. And he hisses a bit when they’re out in the yard and he’s out of his comfort zone. The girls are much more adventurous.

No Oscars allowed!
Hubs said Mr. Rogers but nope, that’s a Felix Unger in duck form lol. He would hiss at me at first when I’d put my hands out to feed them and still gets a little bit crazy over it sometimes. And he hisses a bit when they’re out in the yard and he’s out of his comfort zone. The girls are much more adventurous.
Does he also have sinus issues like Felix...maybe that's his problem and he's not really hissing at you...:gig

Prepping for newbies today, duck mess and I got my new grow light. There are carrot sprouts in the garden and the squash and Armenian cukes have sprouted in the pots. I’m hoping warmer temps inside and the light will encourage the peppers and tomatoes. Also found solar rope lights at walmart so will put those around the path and ditch the old ones.
A283B0EA-EDF1-4A32-B71E-25CE491DA35C.jpeg
B6F08D64-540D-4157-81AA-8CEF5BEEDAAE.jpeg
EAB040E6-0799-4A44-8DAD-E740618F0019.jpeg
28DCA92E-53EB-494A-A436-D34BD0356E31.jpeg

Prepping for newbies today, duck mess and I got my new grow light. There are carrot sprouts in the garden and the squash and Armenian cukes have sprouted in the pots. I’m hoping warmer temps inside and the light will encourage the peppers and tomatoes. Also found solar rope lights at walmart so will put those around the path and ditch the old ones.
View attachment 2499906View attachment 2499907View attachment 2499908View attachment 2499909
New babies how exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing them. Their pen area looks great! I think I'm going to buy a Brinsea brooder after seeing how well yours worked with your ducklings...hopefully I will get my new chicks in the next couple of weeks!

Sounds like your new plants are coming along...I'll be glad when we can start our plants...we will probably start tomatoes next month and I don't know what else hubs will want to start inside!

Sounds like another busy day for you IM! But I kind of envy you the yard work and sprouting vegetables....that stuff is fun to me.
I enjoy it quite a bit myself! The grow light wasn’t expensive at all, I got it at Amazon of course. I’m going to use my bonus money from work to expand my operation a little bit. They could really give a huge jump start to the growing season and I don’t have the space for my greenhouse outside even though it’s small. I have quite a bit under just that one light.
New babies how exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing them. Their pen area looks great! I think I'm going to buy a Brinsea brooder after seeing how well yours worked with your ducklings...hopefully I will get my new chicks in the next couple of weeks!

Sounds like your new plants are coming along...I'll be glad when we can start our plants...we will probably start tomatoes next month and I don't know what else hubs will want to start inside!
I have always brooded my chicks where my bigs could see them. Right after hatch they would go out to the mini coop so everyone could see but not touch until they were four weeks, then I let them all out. The pop door on the mini coop excluded the bigs from getting in so the chicks had a safe place to retreat to. Since the ducks can’t fly over I figure this should work ok.

We got everything done! The patio has been cleared of everything that doesn’t belong there except the wire for the garden and the pavers I need to lay. The broken pavers have been dumped in a pile near the trash cans so my wheelbarrow is empty. Everything that goes in the shed is in the shed and all my tools have been put away. Two shrubs got a trim, a bunch of stuff got some fertilizer, the duck house is ready for babies and the soup bowl is soaking. Hubs got the rope lights installed also. Pics from today
Duck house
CF7EA46A-46D5-4C34-BD72-54AF123E3756.jpeg
22ABE157-2523-4AC4-AD90-89D2A415A6E0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom