Thanks Mad and how the heck are you?! Haven’t seen you in a while. I hope you’re all doing well!
Mad, it's good to "see" you! I hope everything is going great for you.
I am doing good! Finished my class 🎉 then starting a new one next week. Other than that life has been keeping me busy with the kids, pets, and husband 😂 I hope you're both doing good! The days fly by!
Picked up a couple four packs of annuals today and put them in a pot in the shade garden
View attachment 3429596
I don’t remember what this is, but I forgot about it for a couple of days and it was suffering from lack of water. Gave it a self watering bucket so it doesn’t die this summer
View attachment 3429597

I up potted this Mexican bird of paradise. I don’t really have a place to put it so here it will have to be for now
View attachment 3429598
Aiden planted purple and white alyssum today
View attachment 3429600
I love the flowers. And your gnomes look like they keep a good watch of things.

Are the jassemines the same as a jasminum polyanthum? I always thought those were jasmines until now. I have some in my backyard that grow like crazy. I love them but idk how to contain them, they grow so fast, clinging onto anything.

I am doing good! Finished my class 🎉 then starting a new one next week. Other than that life has been keeping me busy with the kids, pets, and husband 😂 I hope you're both doing good! The days fly by!

I love the flowers. And your gnomes look like they keep a good watch of things.

Are the jassemines the same as a jasminum polyanthum? I always thought those were jasmines until now. I have some in my backyard that grow like crazy. I love them but idk how to contain them, they grow so fast, clinging onto anything.
Thanks Mad! No, from what I’ve read jasminum polyanthum is a jasmine. Some jessamine species look similar and have a similar scent to jasmine. I have a true jasmine inside my shade garden, they can’t take our full sun.

I’m glad you’re doing well! What’s the new class? More accounting?

Thanks Mad! No, from what I’ve read jasminum polyanthum is a jasmine. Some jessamine species look similar and have a similar scent to jasmine. I have a true jasmine inside my shade garden, they can’t take our full sun.

I’m glad you’re doing well! What’s the new class? More accounting?
Hahaha too many jasmines to keep up 😂
They smell lovely! I tried propagating one indoors but it didn't survive; maybe not enough sun. What's in your shade garden?

More accounting 😅 except its online and I have until May 26.

Hahaha too many jasmines to keep up 😂
They smell lovely! I tried propagating one indoors but it didn't survive; maybe not enough sun. What's in your shade garden?

More accounting 😅 except its online and I have until May 26.
Online as opposed to in person with the other? I imagine that’s more convenient!

Right now a night blooming jessamine, a true jasmine, a Spanish lavender and a rosemary shrub, a Mexican bird of paradise and some annual flowers. I’ll be moving 8 tomato starts out by next weekend though.

Online as opposed to in person with the other? I imagine that’s more convenient!

Right now a night blooming jessamine, a true jasmine, a Spanish lavender and a rosemary shrub, a Mexican bird of paradise and some annual flowers. I’ll be moving 8 tomato starts out by next weekend though.
Those sound nice! I bet it smells pretty, too. I have a very shaded small porch with a dying peace lily 🙈 not sure what to do with that area but my aloe's like it.

Those sound nice! I bet it smells pretty, too. I have a very shaded small porch with a dying peace lily 🙈 not sure what to do with that area but my aloe's like it.
I bet some pretty annuals would do ok there for a while. Are you in southern CA?

I bet some pretty annuals would do ok there for a while. Are you in southern CA?

Mad, have you tried something flowery like Impatiens or Begonias? I've had good luck with both of those in shady areas and they're very pretty.

I'm in Northern CA. I'll have to keep and eye out on annuals next time I go to the garden store.
Mad, have you tried something flowery like Impatiens or Begonias? I've had good luck with both of those in shady areas and they're very pretty.
I haven't tried those but I'll add that to the list :D

Back
Top Bottom