Fun for Ducks

emmec19

Songster
May 24, 2018
Southeast Michigan
As with a large portion of our country right now, the forecast is not looking great for my ducks for the next week and they'll be on lock down in their coop to keep their feet from freezing. I hate making them stay in.

Is there anything fun I can make for them? Yes, I like to spoil them. My rabbits get all sorts of things to chew and play with to keep them from getting stir crazy. I bring out a warmish duck soup for them once a day and they go crazy over it but other than that they just sit there. Maybe some music; a duck tv? :lau

Duck-Dressed-in-a-Hat-and-Jacket-in-the-Snow--126735.jpg

Attachments

• Duck-Dressed-in-a-Hat-and-Jacket-in-the-Snow--126735.jpg
    Duck-Dressed-in-a-Hat-and-Jacket-in-the-Snow--126735.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 4
I'm going to try that tomorrow. Especially in the dreary cold weather when they don't have much to forage I think it would be a great thing to keep them entertained and busy. If I hang a cabbage up in their run it's destroyed and finished in about 30 minutes. I think they need something longer lasting. You say "pull plastic and lid off" but not sure what you mean by pulling the plastic off. The lid I get.

I dumped a fresh bail of hay in the middle of their run and they spent days plowing threw it and throwing it around and fighting for the top of it

2 weeks later and now they "forage" threw it all day its been a great 6$ spent

I dumped a fresh bail of hay in the middle of their run and they spent days plowing threw it and throwing it around and fighting for the top of it 2 weeks later and now they "forage" threw it all day its been a great 6$ spent

yup they love that and I figured out that if I "toss" the hay every morning that is like their favorite thing ever! I got 2 piles of hay in their run and I just turn it over every morning. They actually start foraging on it while I'm doing it with the pitch fork!

yup they love that and I figured out that if I "toss" the hay every morning that is like their favorite thing ever! I got 2 piles of hay in their run and I just turn it over every morning. They actually start foraging on it while I'm doing it with the pitch fork!
Haha awesome fun or ducks

Back
Top Bottom