~>Fury of the Wind<~ (A Bird RP)

Nickel shivered. “Yep, this would be it.”
“Geez this place gives me the creeps,” Russet muttered. Bloodied feathers blew in the wind. They were dove-grey. “Are those pigeon feathers?”
“Prob’ly,” Nickel said. He held up his wing in something like a feathered salute. “Glad to be of service!” He chirped. “You really have a death wish, don’t you.” He said it as a comment, not a question.
Russet blinked. And then the little pigeon was gone.
“That’s ominous.”

“Oh,” Moonlight cooed. Her eyes followed the trail. “Which means...” her eyes narrowed at Riski, who seemed to possess more intelligence than his accomplice. “You were lying. There was a bird here. What did you do, eat him?” Actually, eating him was a possibility, given the bird’s size. In fact, with that thought, Moonlight should have been a little more afraid.
“There was no one here, and you must go before I eat you!” Riski growled, shoving both pigeons towards the window.
(I recently learned that it’s common for pigeons to shiver when afraid or even uncomfortable, so I’m going to be using that a lot more. :p)

Cement shivered. She took a step forward and craned her neck to look at a crevice in the piles of trash. It was framed by a rusted microwave and a dilapidated couch. She stood on the tips of her remaining toes, trying to see into the darkness of the hole, but reluctant to get much closer.
Cement narrowed her eyes in concentration. She could hear a muffled noise, but she wasn’t sure what it was. She shivered again.
“AWCK!” Cement cooed, flapping her wings as the piece of rusted metal she was standing on tilted to the side.
Rumble... RUMBLE!
Cement stared at her wide-eyed mate and then whipped around, trying to pinpoint the rumbling. It seemed to be coming from all around them; under, to the side, above, behind, in front...
A white creature appeared in the mouth of the crevice, struggling and flapping and screeching. Cement practically threw herself into the air.
Wait, Russet’s still down there!
She looked frantically at the ground, fear for her mate making her falter in her flight.

She shrugged. "Why not?" Fluffing her feathers briefly, she took off from her perch
Thattel flew with her. He flapped higher and higher into the air. He was silent for several minutes, just watching the landscape go by underneath them. Finally, he said, “What do you think, Aspen? About the Resistance?”

Blizzard was shoved out a window.

Blizzard shook his feathers out, annoyed at the way they were treated, but kind of surprised that Riski hadn’t actually eaten them. “They’re definitely hiding something.” He offered to the dejected lieutenant.
Riski was pleased with his successful eviction of the pigeons.
“We’ll search the area around here, the gull can’t have gone far,” Moonlight said.
(I recently learned that it’s common for pigeons to shiver when afraid or even uncomfortable, so I’m going to be using that a lot more. :p)

Cement shivered. She took a step forward and craned her neck to look at a crevice in the piles of trash. It was framed by a rusted microwave and a dilapidated couch. She stood on the tips of her remaining toes, trying to see into the darkness of the hole, but reluctant to get much closer.
Cement narrowed her eyes in concentration. She could hear a muffled noise, but she wasn’t sure what it was. She shivered again.
“AWCK!” Cement cooed, flapping her wings as the piece of rusted metal she was standing on tilted to the side.
Rumble... RUMBLE!
Cement stared at her wide-eyed mate and then whipped around, trying to pinpoint the rumbling. It seemed to be coming from all around them; under, to the side, above, behind, in front...
A white creature appeared in the mouth of the crevice, struggling and flapping and screeching. Cement practically threw herself into the air.
Wait, Russet’s still down there!
She looked frantically at the ground, fear for her mate making her falter in her flight.
The piece of trash that Russet had landed on began sliding downwards in a small landslide of garbage. He yelped and leapt into the air, narrowly missing a tumbling kettle.
Suddenly, a suffocating darkness overcame him and he fell to the ground with a thud as a weight fell over him that his wings couldn’t resist.
(He got caught under a parka and fell asleep because of the darkness.)

“We’ll search the area around here, the gull can’t have gone far,” Moonlight said.

The piece of trash that Russet had landed on began sliding downwards in a small landslide of garbage. He yelped and leapt into the air, narrowly missing a tumbling kettle.
Suddenly, a suffocating darkness overcame him and he fell to the ground with a thud as a weight fell over him that his wings couldn’t resist.
(He got caught under a parka and fell asleep because of the darkness.)
Cement searched the ground wildly for Russet. He had disappeared. “Russet!” She cooed. Did that thing.. eat him? She tucked in her wings, and, despite the fear that numbed her mind, she dove at the huge, dirty gull. The gull screeched and raised her wings, opening a beak that seemed to be as huge as the sun. Cement dodged her at the last moment and circled close to the trash, scanning it desperately for any sign of her mate. The gull clambered behind her, apparently not willing to fly. Her heart raced as she heard the sounds of the gull getting closer. One lunge and that gull could get me.. She abruptly threw herself higher into the air, and circled again. Russet, where are you?

Cement searched the ground wildly for Russet. He had disappeared. “Russet!” She cooed. Did that thing.. eat him? She tucked in her wings, and, despite the fear that numbed her mind, she dove at the huge, dirty gull. The gull screeched and raised her wings, opening a beak that seemed to be as huge as the sun. Cement dodged her at the last moment and circled close to the trash, scanning it desperately for any sign of her mate. The gull clambered behind her, apparently not willing to fly. Her heart raced as she heard the sounds of the gull getting closer. One lunge and that gull could get me.. She abruptly threw herself higher into the air, and circled again. Russet, where are you?
(I just realized there’s no way for her to find him)
Is it night time? What is this stuff? Why am I not flat as a pita right now? I should be crushed! Russet struggled against the weight silently. He heard noises outside, but it was muffled by the fabric. Is this some kind of bag? A really big one? It was suffocating.
“Cement?” He forced his way from beneath the edge of the jacket. The light blinded him for a second before he began to comprehend what was happening. A gull was chasing Cement.
Desperation transformed into some kind of rage and he threw himself blindly at Cement’s attacker.
“GETAWAYFROMHER!”

(I just realized there’s no way for her to find him)
Is it night time? What is this stuff? Why am I not flat as a pita right now? I should be crushed! Russet struggled against the weight silently. He heard noises outside, but it was muffled by the fabric. Is this some kind of bag? A really big one? It was suffocating.
“Cement?” He forced his way from beneath the edge of the jacket. The light blinded him for a second before he began to comprehend what was happening. A gull was chasing Cement.
Desperation transformed into some kind of rage and he threw himself blindly at Cement’s attacker.
“GETAWAYFROMHER!”
“Russet?” Cement called, swooping lower when she saw a small, disgruntled red shape battle his way out of the confines of a jacket. “Russet!” She was so happy to see him that she didn’t notice the gull right behind her. It had taken flight.
Salty Fries screeched and clamped down her beak on Cement’s tail.

Fish Sticks cocked his head and bent over and picked up a leaf at the same time. “What was that about?” He asked, while also eating the leaf.

“Russet?” Cement called, swooping lower when she saw a small, disgruntled red shape battle his way out of the confines of a jacket. “Russet!” She was so happy to see him that she didn’t notice the gull right behind her. It had taken flight.
Salty Fries screeched and clamped down her beak on Cement’s tail.
“Leggo!” Russet cooed, pecking at the gull’s eyes. “What do we need this gull for anyways?”
Fish Sticks cocked his head and bent over and picked up a leaf at the same time. “What was that about?” He asked, while also eating the leaf.
Riski stared at the consumption of the leaf with fascinated disgust. “Looks like we’re not the only fugitives around here. That gull probably has a heavy price on his head to lead two pigeons into what you call ‘Raven Territory.’ What sort of grit do those pigeons have anyways, nosing around the business of others? Is the city not good enough for them? Are they trying to make enemies?”

“Leggo!” Russet cooed, pecking at the gull’s eyes. “What do we need this gull for anyways?”

Riski stared at the consumption of the leaf with fascinated disgust. “Looks like we’re not the only fugitives around here. That gull probably has a heavy price on his head to lead two pigeons into what you call ‘Raven Territory.’ What sort of grit do those pigeons have anyways, nosing around the business of others? Is the city not good enough for them? Are they trying to make enemies?”
“I think this is Salty Fries!” Cement yelped. For once, panic had entered her voice. She thrashed around, and watched fearfully as the gull squawked at Russet’s attacks. The distraction allowed Cement to get free, but at the cost of several of her tail feathers. Once high in the air, she circled, her flight irregular due to her missing feathers. “We need to capture this gull.. alive.” She said, doubt creeping into her mind as she realized the impossibility of their task.

Fish Sticks continued to move the leaf around in his beak, not satisfied with its position. He looked remarkably like a goat. “Those pigeons are always tryin’ to make enemies.” He pointed out, his voice muffled strangely.

Back
Top Bottom