~>Fury of the Wind<~ (A Bird RP)

“A mute,” Russet mused. He knew they existed, but had never met a bird unable to communicate, and birds loved to blather, rivaled by only the Loud-stompers. Itwould be no wonder if such a bird was quite insane and a pigeon-eater, though Russet was currently wondering, “Just how stupid is she?” Because stupidity was a factor they needed to consider, and a possible weakness... or even a strength.
“Might this help?” Russet picked at the parka that had ensnared him with his beak, but he was only able to lift the corner an inch. “Too heavy.” He passed an eye around him.
“We need more birds.” Cement cooed, feeling a bit frustrated with their position. She flapped lower and lower and ran her eyes over the piles and piles of junk. Finally, she spotted some tangled fishing line. She looked around, and, seeing Salty Fries was a ways away, landed. She examined the fishing line. It looked to be enough, but she wasn’t sure how they would securely capture her with such thin material.
Riski was about to gape at the gull’s inferior intelligence before realizing it was his own fault for not providing enough background information for the question. “I know that,” he said quickly, recognizing the fairly universal birdism. “I meant your area. The one there’s so much dispute over with the pigeons, ravens, and gulls.”
~
“Catch first, interrogate later.” Moonlight said. “I’ll get his wings, you go for the legs.” Before it had been two against three. Now it was two against one.
Fish Sticks shrugged; this topic bored him. “It’s called the Four Territories. The ravens in the pines, the gulls at the sea, the pigeons in the city, and the crows at the place where human-nests meet the trees.” He cocked his head and stared into the distance, as if listening to a history teacher. The truth was, he only knew this from his parents. Fish Sticks rarely traveled. “My ma said that those infuriating small notguls, the pigeons, took the city from all us gulls and other notguls. Now everywhere except for the city is overcrowded. Ya see, she said the city has a lotta more food than the rest, and those nasty pigeon notguls stay fat while the rest of us starve.” His stomach grumbled as if it thought the same thing. “Myself, I believe it should be called the Five Territories. Sparrows may be nasty, but they sure are worth mentionin’, or they’ll take us by surprise...” He continued on this ramble for some time, though at that point Riski had probably stopped listening.

Blizzard nodded and flapped rapidly upward, trying to keep out of the gull’s sight until he was close. He sped up, and grabbed the gull’s feet with a firm grip, then hastily started flapping backwards, so as to slow down or stop him.

“We need more birds.” Cement cooed, feeling a bit frustrated with their position. She flapped lower and lower and ran her eyes over the piles and piles of junk. Finally, she spotted some tangled fishing line. She looked around, and, seeing Salty Fries was a ways away, landed. She examined the fishing line. It looked to be enough, but she wasn’t sure how they would securely capture her with such thin material.

Fish Sticks shrugged; this topic bored him. “It’s called the Four Territories. The ravens in the pines, the gulls at the sea, the pigeons in the city, and the crows at the place where human-nests meet the trees.” He cocked his head and stared into the distance, as if listening to a history teacher. The truth was, he only knew this from his parents. Fish Sticks rarely traveled. “My ma said that those infuriating small notguls, the pigeons, took the city from all us gulls and other notguls. Now everywhere except for the city is overcrowded. Ya see, she said the city has a lotta more food than the rest, and those nasty pigeon notguls stay fat while the rest of us starve.” His stomach grumbled as if it thought the same thing. “Myself, I believe it should be called the Five Territories. Sparrows may be nasty, but they sure are worth mentionin’, or they’ll take us by surprise...” He continued on this ramble for some time, though at that point Riski had probably stopped listening.

Blizzard nodded and flapped rapidly upward, trying to keep out of the gull’s sight until he was close. He sped up, and grabbed the gull’s feet with a firm grip, then hastily started flapping backwards, so as to slow down or stop him.
(Cement and Rus is my favorite rp pair... and Fish Sticks is great)
Russet grabbed the other end with his beak before opening it again. “We tie her legs and wings then call for back-up,” he said, before grabbing the line again and hovering.
~
Sparrows? They have a tendency to be annoying, but they’re nonthreatening, more so than pigeons. Though we clearly underestimated them. Crows? There are crows involved too?
“Why don’t you fight back?” Riski asked. He began pacing, which was very awkward and clumsy looking when an albatross did it. Then he thought about how Vaatras and all his gulls turned back at the sight of Raven territory with whispers of the dangers within it. “Because your species can’t work together.” Vaatras was also the closest thing the gulls had to a leader. “All the wrong birds are in power. You’re disorganized... no wonder the pigeons took advantage of you.”
Why, I try to make an escape and now I’m becoming involved in other birds’ politics. But I feel bad for the web-foots.
“We can go back to the bay now, right? Vaatras’ anger must have blown off. I am going to help you.” Riski had played many roles on his escapades, advisor, warrior, explorer. Now he had a new role. Entirely new. “Just do what I say.”
~
Moonlight grabbed his wings with her claws and slashed with her razor-claws, severing a tendon in his wing and making him lame, at least until it healed, if it ever did. She began to feel dumb, as Cement did, as they tried to lift a gull between two pigeons. At least this one wasn’t nearly so large and terrifying.

Nana: m
“What about your parents?” Rocket said between her preening her right wing and her left wing. She stared enviously at Nana’s pristine feathers. Pigeons, though thought of as dirty birds both by loud-stompers and the other birds of the city, liked to stay clean, for the most part.
Nana: my parents??? From all I can remember I was raisedhoping by humans. Don't remember them. But I heardwas they were also racers like me.

Nana: m
Nana: my parents??? From all I can remember I was raisedhoping by humans. Don't remember them. But I heardwas they were also racers like me.
“Raised by humans!” Rocket stuck her head straight up out of her feathers. “That’s strange.” She muttered. She shook her head in confusion. “So.. these humans fed you and cared for you, but then abandoned you?” She asked. It perplexed her. But it also felt familiar. Her own mother had disappeared shortly after her father died.. which had, in Rocket’s mind, eventually resulted in the death of her sister. Me and Nanako came from such different backgrounds, but we’re sorta the same.

(Cement and Rus is my favorite rp pair... and Fish Sticks is great)
Russet grabbed the other end with his beak before opening it again. “We tie her legs and wings then call for back-up,” he said, before grabbing the line again and hovering.
~
Sparrows? They have a tendency to be annoying, but they’re nonthreatening, more so than pigeons. Though we clearly underestimated them. Crows? There are crows involved too?
“Why don’t you fight back?” Riski asked. He began pacing, which was very awkward and clumsy looking when an albatross did it. Then he thought about how Vaatras and all his gulls turned back at the sight of Raven territory with whispers of the dangers within it. “Because your species can’t work together.” Vaatras was also the closest thing the gulls had to a leader. “All the wrong birds are in power. You’re disorganized... no wonder the pigeons took advantage of you.”
Why, I try to make an escape and now I’m becoming involved in other birds’ politics. But I feel bad for the web-foots.
“We can go back to the bay now, right? Vaatras’ anger must have blown off. I am going to help you.” Riski had played many roles on his escapades, advisor, warrior, explorer. Now he had a new role. Entirely new. “Just do what I say.”
~
Moonlight grabbed his wings with her claws and slashed with her razor-claws, severing a tendon in his wing and making him lame, at least until it healed, if it ever did. She began to feel dumb, as Cement did, as they tried to lift a gull between two pigeons. At least this one wasn’t nearly so large and terrifying.
(Agreed XD)

Cement grabbed what looked like the largest clump of fishing line. It was pretty tangled, but it would have to work. She pushed the doubts from her mind and flapped into the air, awkwardly carrying the line closer and closer to Salty Fries. How they would tangle her up without getting eaten was something she was still considering.

(Agreed XD)

Cement grabbed what looked like the largest clump of fishing line. It was pretty tangled, but it would have to work. She pushed the doubts from her mind and flapped into the air, awkwardly carrying the line closer and closer to Salty Fries. How they would tangle her up without getting eaten was something she was still considering.
“Come on...” Russet said around the string in his mouth. “She’s no night-stalker!”
He dive-bombed the gull into an awkward tackle, holding down her wings.

“Come on...” Russet said around the string in his mouth. “She’s no night-stalker!”
He dive-bombed the gull into an awkward tackle, holding down her wings.
Cement gave him a quick look, grateful for the reassurance. The look soon became one of worry as Russet displayed an admirable lack of caution. She gripped the string and weaved around the gull’s outstretched, rapidly moving wings. She was flapping and squawking at them. Her orange eyes snapped between them, and she reached out, like a viper, and snagged Russet on the the foot. Cement’s eyes widened, but she didn’t stop wrapping the string about Salty Fries. She knew that, unlike a snake, Salty Fries couldn’t swallow her prey in one bite.
Cement yanked violently on the string, wrapped firmly around Salty Fries’ wings, and the gull was so surprised that she spat out Russet to screech and thrash about. She toppled over and rolled back to her feet, even more entangled. We’ve got her!

~
Fish Sticks opened his beak to answer Riski’s questions, but the albatross had his answer before he could even click his beak shut. He listened to his newfound friend with admiration; he had little idea of what he was planning, but it sounded exciting. And Fish Sticks was going to be a part of it. That was enough for him. “Vaatras probably forgot about us, an’ we could just stick close to the city to avoid him.” Fish Sticks said carefully, for once not rushing his words. He thought for a few more moments in silence before blurting;
“Ya know, there’s a pigeon I think you’d like to meet.”

Blizzard tried to drag the gull to the ground with Moonlight’s help. He felt a tinge of guilt for injuring him; this gull had never done anything to Blizzard as far as he could remember, and his only crime was possible knowledge of a fugitive. He had to steel himself to those thoughts, though, as he knew helping Moonlight was the only way he could make sure his flock stayed safe.

Cement gave him a quick look, grateful for the reassurance. The look soon became one of worry as Russet displayed an admirable lack of caution. She gripped the string and weaved around the gull’s outstretched, rapidly moving wings. She was flapping and squawking at them. Her orange eyes snapped between them, and she reached out, like a viper, and snagged Russet on the the foot. Cement’s eyes widened, but she didn’t stop wrapping the string about Salty Fries. She knew that, unlike a snake, Salty Fries couldn’t swallow her prey in one bite.
Cement yanked violently on the string, wrapped firmly around Salty Fries’ wings, and the gull was so surprised that she spat out Russet to screech and thrash about. She toppled over and rolled back to her feet, even more entangled. We’ve got her!
“Got her!” Russet exclaimed. He looked over his bitten foot, which was no worse for the wear. He surveyed the gull. “Now how do we lift her, exactly? Should I call for more wings?”
Fish Sticks opened his beak to answer Riski’s questions, but the albatross had his answer before he could even click his beak shut. He listened to his newfound friend with admiration; he had little idea of what he was planning, but it sounded exciting. And Fish Sticks was going to be a part of it. That was enough for him. “Vaatras probably forgot about us, an’ we could just stick close to the city to avoid him.” Fish Sticks said carefully, for once not rushing his words. He thought for a few more moments in silence before blurting;
“Ya know, there’s a pigeon I think you’d like to meet.”

Blizzard tried to drag the gull to the ground with Moonlight’s help. He felt a tinge of guilt for injuring him; this gull had never done anything to Blizzard as far as he could remember, and his only crime was possible knowledge of a fugitive. He had to steel himself to those thoughts, though, as he knew helping Moonlight was the only way he could make sure his flock stayed safe.
“There’s a bat-wings (a bird word for turn-coat) in every bunch,” Riski mused. “Yes, I would like to meet your pigeon.” He flew to the window, which was incredibly awkward given the space and his wingspan. He was happy to leave the Raven territory.
Fish Sticks seemed to think even the trees were trying to make him unwelcome, and it was starting to make Riski uneasy. Also, he was rather claustrophobic and preferred to navigate sea breezes and open skies.
~
Moonlight who was most definitely screened by trees and not within the view of Riski, quickly realized the full weight of their dilemma, quite parallel to that of Russet and Cement.
She had expected to have a willing prisoner who was able to fly, and something to keep him close, a string to tie him with. But there were no strings, and now they had an unwilling and lame gull.
And to bring more pigeons into Raven territory? That was asking for war. How would she explain this to General One-Toe?
Could she abandon the gull, admit her defeat, and waste the efforts of herself and Blizzard?
“We need more birds,” she said desperately. “You stay with the gull and I get reinforcements... no...” Moonlight hated it. Absolutely hated it. The fugitive was within grasp. But she had been too hasty. It was possible that she would have to leave this gull behind.

“Got her!” Russet exclaimed. He looked over his bitten foot, which was no worse for the wear. He surveyed the gull. “Now how do we lift her, exactly? Should I call for more wings?”

“There’s a bat-wings (a bird word for turn-coat) in every bunch,” Riski mused. “Yes, I would like to meet your pigeon.” He flew to the window, which was incredibly awkward given the space and his wingspan. He was happy to leave the Raven territory.
Fish Sticks seemed to think even the trees were trying to make him unwelcome, and it was starting to make Riski uneasy. Also, he was rather claustrophobic and preferred to navigate sea breezes and open skies.
~
Moonlight who was most definitely screened by trees and not within the view of Riski, quickly realized the full weight of their dilemma, quite parallel to that of Russet and Cement.
She had expected to have a willing prisoner who was able to fly, and something to keep him close, a string to tie him with. But there were no strings, and now they had an unwilling and lame gull.
And to bring more pigeons into Raven territory? That was asking for war. How would she explain this to General One-Toe?
Could she abandon the gull, admit her defeat, and waste the efforts of herself and Blizzard?
“We need more birds,” she said desperately. “You stay with the gull and I get reinforcements... no...” Moonlight hated it. Absolutely hated it. The fugitive was within grasp. But she had been too hasty. It was possible that she would have to leave this gull behind.
Cement didn’t respond, as usual, and instead gave him a look to signal her acknowledgement of his words. She scanned their surroundings, trying to tune out the sounds of the flailing gull, and attempted to order her thoughts so she could come up with a solution. The only thing she could think of was for one of them to fly to the gang for more bird power. But that would take time. And it was starting to get dark. “I’m not sure,” she finally cooed.

Fish Sticks eagerly followed, almost flying straight into Riski. When his companion had exited the window, he jumped jubilantly, if a little clumsily, into the air. Flapping hard to gain altitude, he finally found a draft where he could soar towards the edge of the forest.

Back
Top Bottom