~>Fury of the Wind<~ (A Bird RP)

“Hooray!” shouted the pigeons.
Russet, who was still bleeding out and had one or two holes in his chest, nuzzled up against her and said “I know you will.”
“Yay!” cheered the gulls. Those who still had pigeons in their grasps finally released them. The gulls soared into the air and flew in celebratory circles. A few pigeons somersaulted dizzily through the air.

Riski waited for the crowd to exhaust themselves through cheering.
“So, what about the gulls? We did our part.”
Cement preened Russet’s neck. At least Russet and my gang will be safe. She thought, then her eyes widened with horror when she saw a corn kernel sticking out of Russet’s chest.
“Your crop—”

Cement was interrupted by the albatross. “Of course.” She said, still staring worriedly at Russet. She tore her gaze away to meet the beady seabird eyes that were now fixed upon her.
I’m the General now, better start acting like one.

“The gulls will get full access to the coast, and pigeons must respect gulls as they would another gang of the pigeon military.”

Cement looked carefully at Riski, then to Fish Sticks and several of the other gulls. “Anything else?”

Cement preened Russet’s neck. At least Russet and my gang will be safe. She thought, then her eyes widened with horror when she saw a corn kernel sticking out of Russet’s chest.
“Your crop—”

Cement was interrupted by the albatross. “Of course.” She said, still staring worriedly at Russet. She tore her gaze away to meet the beady seabird eyes that were now fixed upon her.
I’m the General now, better start acting like one.

“The gulls will get full access to the coast, and pigeons must respect gulls as they would another gang of the pigeon military.”

Cement looked carefully at Riski, then to Fish Sticks and several of the other gulls. “Anything else?”
Riski looked at the gulls. “What is it that you want from the pigeons? What have you fought for? What are you asking for? Does this proposal meet your demands, or should we press harder?”

The pigeons shifted uneasily. They had lived in the city uncontested for generations. They didn’t want to share it with the big, loud gulls, even if they ended Sulliver’s short reign.

0C9B3CEB-9584-4D11-9757-FAA5298B0E77.jpeg

Riski looked at the gulls. “What is it that you want from the pigeons? What have you fought for? What are you asking for? Does this proposal meet your demands, or should we press harder?”

The pigeons shifted uneasily. They had lived in the city uncontested for generations. They didn’t want to share it with the big, loud gulls, even if they ended Sulliver’s short reign.
Half the gulls stared blankly at Riski. The other half appeared to not be paying attention. Then discussions started to break out. Though, to the pigeons, it just sounded like wild squawking.

“We should get the entire city!”
“I love the city! The junkyards especially!”
“Free fish!”
“I want free fish too!”
“I like the coast, I don’t want to go into that stinking cit—”
“FREE FISH!”

“Enough!” Cement shouted. Surprisingly, many of the gulls went silent.

“We will view each other as equals, do you hear me?” Cement asked. She wasn’t shouting anymore, but somehow her words carried more weight with the quiet. “We pigeons aren't asking to go to Eggshell Island, but we are still offering much to you.”

“Now that I’m General, I will make sure that gangs do not punish non-members or abuse power they don’t have. You may go throughout the city, but the gangs.. still have the right to their territory.”

There was a lot to do. Keeping the unruly gangs— and their leaders —in place was no small task. Cement would have to decide what locations were neutral territory, which would be difficult as many of the ones she had in mind were already claimed by one gang or another. And, of course, she would have to see to it that non-members weren’t punished simply for not knowing they were in gang territory. It was going to be.. a lot. But at least she would have Russet by her side.

Russet.

Cement turned quickly. “I have to go.” She said curtly, locating Russet and moving to be beside him.

“You’re hurt.” Cement murmured. “We need to see the medics.” She was trying hard to keep the worry out of her voice.

He’ll be fine. He’ll be fine…

Half the gulls stared blankly at Riski. The other half appeared to not be paying attention. Then discussions started to break out. Though, to the pigeons, it just sounded like wild squawking.

“We should get the entire city!”
“I love the city! The junkyards especially!”
“Free fish!”
“I want free fish too!”
“I like the coast, I don’t want to go into that stinking cit—”
“FREE FISH!”

“Enough!” Cement shouted. Surprisingly, many of the gulls went silent.

“We will view each other as equals, do you hear me?” Cement asked. She wasn’t shouting anymore, but somehow her words carried more weight with the quiet. “We pigeons aren't asking to go to Eggshell Island, but we are still offering much to you.”

“Now that I’m General, I will make sure that gangs do not punish non-members or abuse power they don’t have. You may go throughout the city, but the gangs.. still have the right to their territory.”

There was a lot to do. Keeping the unruly gangs— and their leaders —in place was no small task. Cement would have to decide what locations were neutral territory, which would be difficult as many of the ones she had in mind were already claimed by one gang or another. And, of course, she would have to see to it that non-members weren’t punished simply for not knowing they were in gang territory. It was going to be.. a lot. But at least she would have Russet by her side.

Russet.

Cement turned quickly. “I have to go.” She said curtly, locating Russet and moving to be beside him.

“You’re hurt.” Cement murmured. “We need to see the medics.” She was trying hard to keep the worry out of her voice.

He’ll be fine. He’ll be fine…
(This rp is so much funnier to me now that I understand pigeon behavior.)
Riski really did like a happy ending. He turned to the gulls. “Well, do you accept the offer?” he asked.
“Oh alright,” said Russet. “I’ll be fine, really.”
He allowed himself to be pushed along to the medics, and he allowed himself to be fussed over. For Cement’s sake.

(This rp is so much funnier to me now that I understand pigeon behavior.)
Riski really did like a happy ending. He turned to the gulls. “Well, do you accept the offer?” he asked.
“Oh alright,” said Russet. “I’ll be fine, really.”
He allowed himself to be pushed along to the medics, and he allowed himself to be fussed over. For Cement’s sake.
(It would be way more realistic if the pigeons just had a dance battle instead of a gang war XD)
The gulls agreed to the new General’s terms, at least, most of them did. They started to disperse, but Fish Sticks stayed behind. “Whatta ya gonna do now?” He asked the big albatross. He could barely remember him, but he had a feeling he liked the guy.

The medic started working on Russet’s wounds. Once finished, he stepped back, satisfied. “Yeah, you’ll be fine in a week.” He said dismissively. “Just drink like, a lot of water.”

(It would be way more realistic if the pigeons just had a dance battle instead of a gang war XD)
The gulls agreed to the new General’s terms, at least, most of them did. They started to disperse, but Fish Sticks stayed behind. “Whatta ya gonna do now?” He asked the big albatross. He could barely remember him, but he had a feeling he liked the guy.

The medic started working on Russet’s wounds. Once finished, he stepped back, satisfied. “Yeah, you’ll be fine in a week.” He said dismissively. “Just drink like, a lot of water.”
(I mean, when the pigeons first got introduced, Biff attacked them so fierce his beak was bloody. That’s when I had to cage him up.)
Riski gave the sky a pensive glance. “I hear the skies are bluer in Barbados right now. I suppose I’ll head there. Maybe I’ll come back when the weather’s better.”
He wouldn’t.
He was mighty proud of himself for managing to convince everyone to follow such a stupid leader, but he didn’t like hearing anything that came out of his mouth.

“Great, great,” Russet said.

(I mean, when the pigeons first got introduced, Biff attacked them so fierce his beak was bloody. That’s when I had to cage him up.)
Riski gave the sky a pensive glance. “I hear the skies are bluer in Barbados right now. I suppose I’ll head there. Maybe I’ll come back when the weather’s better.”
He wouldn’t.
He was mighty proud of himself for managing to convince everyone to follow such a stupid leader, but he didn’t like hearing anything that came out of his mouth.

“Great, great,” Russet said.
(Oh wow, I’ve never had a pigeon do that before, Biff is brutal 😅
The worse I’ve had was when I found RB missing enough feathers on his neck that he looked almost like a naked neck pigeon. But I’m still not sure of the cause, since there weren’t any damaged feathers, only missing ones. Thankfully I haven’t seen any evidence of bullying/serious fights since I moved the pigeons into the larger aviary.)

“Good luck to ya,” Fish Sticks squawked in an unnecessarily-loud voice. He wished he knew what a “Barbados” was, but he didn’t ask. “I think I’ll figure out who I am an’ all. And.. lead the gulls.”

The first thing I’m gonna do as gulleader is get those dang squirrels.

(It’s funny how Riski established Fish Sticks as the leader of the gulls then decided to leave them in that chaos. It’s going to have serious gull-political consequences. XD)

Cement preened Russet’s face lovingly, feeling a swell of hope for the future. They finally had a real chance to make things right!

And with that, pigeons, the gulls, and the various other birds of the city lived happily ever after.

With one exception…

A bloodied, one-toed pigeon, the one who was formally considered the most powerful bird in the city, limped down the city streets. She dragged her drooping wing beside her, unable to fly and barely able to walk. The pain was unbearable, but she kept moving, knowing there were enemies around every corner. Finally, she found an empty alley, just as it was getting dark. She hunkered down, shivering, between two towering garbage cans.

“Hello, General One-Toe.”

One-Toe jumped, skittering out of her hiding place, her head shooting around frantically. “Who are you?!” Where are you?!

“Don’t be afraid.”

The bird, who had been perched above One-Toe, landed softly on the ground. Her usually-sleek feathers were ruffled, but otherwise she was unmistakeable, the white tips of her wings shining in the city light.

“Lieutenant,” One-Toe cooed in recognition. However, she took another step back, unsure who to trust after what had happened. “Are you still loyal to me?”

“Of course.” The white-flighted pigeon answered smoothly. “And I want to help you.”

One-Toe should’ve been feeling the sparks of hope, but all that was left in her was despair. “There’s no helping me.” She said gruffly. “This whole cursed city is against me. Everyone, traitors. My reign is over.” Despite herself, her body drooped with her last words, the finality of it striking a blow to her heart.

“Not everyone has betrayed you.” The white-flighted pigeon said. “There are many who still believe in the one true General, but they cannot fight without their leader.”

One-Toe looked at her former lieutenant, the very one who had helped organize the coup against her, who she still thought of as a friend, unaware of her betrayal, and said; “I’m listening.”

“I want you to meet a friend of mine.” The white-flighted pigeon smiled in the dark. “She will help us take back what is rightfully your’s.”

A raven stepped out of the dark.

“Greetings, General.” The bird said, her shining black eyes fixed on the pathetic pigeon who had once been her sworn enemy.

“My name is Shadow.”

To be continued…?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom