Fuzzy chick pic heavy- my new McMurray chicks

ChickensAreSweet

Heavenly Grains for Hens
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Pacific NW- where the Douglas Firs grow
Here are my new chicks, received in the mail on Jan. 31st from McMurray Hatchery!
Here they are as of this morning!!! In the garage in a brooder: (there is plexiglass on the front of the brooder for those eagle-eyed BYC'ers who check for drafts)
big_smile.png

I ordered White Orpingtons
Buff Orpingtons
Buff Minorcas
Black Australorps
Black Jersey Giants
EEs
Delawares
Partridge Rocks
One free chick

59997_img_0493.jpg

59997_img_0507.jpg

59997_img_0498.jpg

59997_img_0499.jpg

59997_img_0510.jpg

59997_img_0497.jpg

Thank you for looking at the new fuzzy butts!!!
I hope you got your fuzzy butt fill for a few minutes at least until someone else posts theirs!!!

Last edited:
Cute! Good luck with those little cuties!

If you don't mind my asking, did you lose any?? I was wondering what the average loss rate is on shipped chicks... I haven't done this yet and was just curious... In case there was ever a breed that I wanted and couldn't get through the feed store.

I would post pics of mine came 29th from McMurray, but I have already plastered them all over BYC! I ordered 102, recived 109 w 1 DOA. Lost 3 more later to pasty butt. Haven't lost any since. All seem healthy.

Oh well, I just can't resist....

Quote:
All arrived alive - but I have lost one so far to an unknown cause. This is the normal rate of loss for me with shipped chicks. They sent me 27- I had ordered 25 plus one free chick.

Even in the summer I usually lose one or two per batch of 27-28.

Quote:
All arrived alive - but I have lost one so far to an unknown cause. This is the normal rate of loss for me with shipped chicks. They sent me 27- I had ordered 25 plus one free chick.

Even in the summer I usually lose one or two per batch of 27-28.

Ok... So in general that is pretty good right?

I ordered some through my local feed store in spring 2009 and I got all of them alive and never lost one! That was my very first chickens! I have only ever lost one and I never even saw it alive... I let Mama hatch some out and by the time that I found the chick on hatch day it was dead. it looked like it barely gotten out of the shell before it died.

Back
Top Bottom