FYI like grandpa used to do.....

These stories make me feel so spoiled. My family was a victim of the 80's recession but we had the local food pantry to help us with food. We did lose our house but found another one to rent after my dad got a new job. My biggest childhood embarrassment was having friends over and them seeing the 'scouting for food' stickers on all the cans in our cupboard. Even when we were at our poorest my parents always made sure that we had special things whenever they could. I grew up to appreciate the things that I have a little more than most I know my age, but I never really had it all that bad. Hearing these stories of depression times makes me thankful that I was born in the late 70's while things were pretty good. I admit though, there are many times I wish I had a better work ethic. I do try to work hard but I find it's more convincing myself to get things done than just doing them. I really appreciate these stories you are all telling and I can't help but wonder, with the way things are going right now, will many of us be in darker days to come?

Oh Please AJ , continue with your remarkable stories .

My parents , and both sets of grand parents are all passed away , BUT I love hearing about what they ALL referred to as the

" Good Old Days "

Back
Top Bottom