gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (she just squatted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I have 2 EE's. I didn't think they were ever going to lay but after, I don't know how long, I think 36 weeks the first one now lays greens eggs but, the one who waited until 40 weeks is now laying a beautiful blue egg. I love them. It will be worth the wait. I think I had to give up and say she was never going to lay then she did.
wink.png

that how it works actually. after we gave up on our hens they started laying in a secret spot that we found. now but they were squattin already! the ee hasnt even squatted yet!!!!!!!!!

Kesta, you need comfort food . . .

I hope you have some eggs available (you need quite a few yolks
wink.png
). But, chocolate pudding would work for me
smile.png

Steve's digits . . . .

Nobody has mentioned that egg laying is also controlled by the amount of daylight. Since it is just January and the days ARE still quite short, this may also be a factor, especially for a young pullet. Her body will begin making eggs and she will start laying them when she is physically mature enough AND the internal/external conditions are favorable.

Rusty

well yes daylight hours are a little short but here in houston its about 65 degrees out! i would hardly consider that unpleasent and or unfavorable! but seriousely could the coon attack stunt her growth?

That coon attack was a near-death experience. I wouldn't doubt that it affected her. Decreasing daylight at that time was also interfering with her development. And, it isn't increasing very much for her, yet.

(Talk about bad dreams!)

My second thought is that you should share the chocolate pudding with her.

Steve

If its any reassurance our girl just started laying last week at around 25 weeks, and she had nearly died also. I found her hanging upside down from the roost on New Year's eve. Just start looking for that real red face/comb and hopefully she will be squatting soon (again with our girl it was a matter of days from squatting to laying). Here's hoping for you.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom