Gaggle of Chinese Ostracizing a Roman Tufted - Help!

Miss Lydia I couldn't palpate any obstructions or see anything with a flashlight. I haven't tube fed before, but would like to find out how. Appreciate the suggestion for Vetericyn use - yes, it does cost a chunk of money. She stopped dunking since afternoon and is coughing up phlegm. I am checking in on her between taking care of my elderly mom - so the posts are a bit delayed.

Earlier she snorted out mucus with bits of brown material. She didn't sleep throughout the night and is drowsy now. Is she missing her swim time? Will it help her to be back in the tub? I've got her sitting in the sunshine and fresh air.
Your caring for an elderly mom I am caring for an elderly dad.
smile.png
I'll get you the info on tube feeding. How about down where her crop is located how does it feel? feel down the front of her chest right below her neck.

Earlier she snorted out mucus with bits of brown material. Also, phlegm from her throat. She didn't sleep throughout the night, looks drowsy but can't sleep.

Is she missing her swim time? Will it help her to be back in the tub? She got to sit in the sunshine and fresh air today and is preening and wiggling her tail!

Will a heater and bucket of water throughout the night be ok till she recovers? There are plenty of towels lining the floor to soak up the mess.

Earlier she snorted out mucus with bits of brown material. Also, phlegm from her throat. She didn't sleep throughout the night, looks drowsy but can't sleep.

Is she missing her swim time? Will it help her to be back in the tub? She got to sit in the sunshine and fresh air today and is preening and wiggling her tail!

Will a heater and bucket of water throughout the night be ok till she recovers? There are plenty of towels lining the floor to soak up the mess.
What kind of heater are you talking about? and if you can keep her from chilling in the bath then put her in maybe she can get more of the gunk out if she has more access to water. Having those fox tails in her nares may have caused some infection in their I'm sure they irritated them to no end. .your giving her an antibiotic right?

Last edited:
Thank you Orpington. Yes, she is a fighter and still hacking and gurgling - trying to expel the lodged gunk and breathe normally.

Miss Lydia, it is a small portable ceramic heater placed about 2 feet away from her at medium temperature setting.
I am giving her antibiotics every 6 hours. Her crop area feels swollen and tender to the touch. She's just on coconut water and what she drinks out of the bucket on her own. She won't get near her food.

Kudos to you for taking care of your father and managing a menagerie of feathered friends and a pond, no less!
Plus time to spare helping others. Thank you is not strong enough. Appreciate the great vids and info on tube feeding.

I am deeply grateful to the online community.

Some pics from today - she looks a little lighter.

Last edited:
Does anyone administer essential oils to their geese? Are they effective? Recommend as a supplement or in conjunction with regular treatment modalities?

Hey Sarah it's Brandi in so happy everyone has been able to give you support I hope she's feeling better I'll c you Monday hang in ther

Thank you Orpington. Yes, she is a fighter and still hacking and gurgling - trying to expel the lodged gunk and breathe normally.

Miss Lydia, it is a small portable ceramic heater placed about 2 feet away from her at medium temperature setting.
I am giving her antibiotics every 6 hours. Her crop area feels swollen and tender to the touch. She's just on coconut water and what she drinks out of the bucket on her own. She won't get near her food.

Kudos to you for taking care of your father and managing a menagerie of feathered friends and a pond, no less!
Plus time to spare helping others. Thank you is not strong enough. Appreciate the great vids and info on tube feeding.

I am deeply grateful to the online community.

Some pics from today - she looks a little lighter.

She is a fighter for sure, bless her heart. I haven't used essential oils on any one of my flock but I have used lavender oil in my oxineah to clean the roosts and spray the bedding.
What are you thinking of using and how? Not eating is a worry since they can lose so much nutrients. Do you have poultry vitamins? if all she has in her water is ACV I think I'd start to put Vitamins in her water, I wish you could take her to a vet, I know they are very expensive but I'm not sure how long she is going to be able to go with out eating for
one. Before she starts going down.

She doesn't look like she is in terrible pain which good! I know what she has but I never understood what it was or is.
Does she shake her head then sneeze and open her mouth at the same time? And make a odd noise afterwards while opening her mouth?
And thank you Ireland is a truly nice green country despite the rain
2614.png

I would love to live in cali at one stage of my life.

Back
Top Bottom