Gahhhh Bugs infecting my house!!!

Yes. Here is a picture I pulled of of Bing. The right one is a Milk Weed bug. Left one is Box Elder bug.
They come in browns and red (here in N. Utah they are red)

thumbnail.aspx

go to myownpestcontrol.com I think thats it or something to that effect there is a product called demon wp that is the same stuff the pros use, I use it twice a year spring/fall for those japenese beatle things that pinch and it is GREAT!!!!!!! When we first moved into our old farm house we too had an infestation of them (we are big time farm area) now the only way the come in is if they hitch a ride on us. check out the site its well worth the investment.

Oh it all makes sense now..... my neighbor down the road have 5 huge boxelder trees!! My Mom built this house about 12 years ago and we have always had them. I just bought the house from her and am now having flash backs, of bugs
lau.gif

I remember having those pests when we lived out in the country! They would cling on one side of the house on the warm west side.....egads! Nasty, nasty, stinky bugs!

The "Bug People" got back to me on that site. They said they are Conifer Seed Bugs... Very similar to the boxelder. They eat only seeds from conifer trees. At least I know that are not eating the logs in my house (log Home) I wonder if I could make a pine cone seed trap
lol.png
??

Oh my word, those things are from my childhood.

They would just swarm all over the sidewalk. Sometimes two would be stuck together, butt to butt (I assume mating), walking around. When I lived near a dairy (literally across a small field - we could hear the cows mooing every time they moved them from field to barn, lol) those bugs would just fill the gutters, walking from one field to another, sometimes two or three beetles deep. So creepy.

I have no idea what they are. I have no idea how to get rid of them.
All I know is they swarm pretty intensely.

The name of these bugs escapes me at the moment, (need another cup of coffee). We have huge hatches outside of our house, a friend has then inside her old farm house. They are seasonal and some years they are incredibly numerous. I do not know if All Natural Pest Control or if a similar company is in your area but we had them come out for carpenter ants . They used a variety of non toxic sprays and powders around and under house. We are surrounded by forest so wood munching bugs will always be around just nice not to have carpenter ants crawling everywhere in the house. Ah, the name came to me, Box Elder/Harlequin beetles, also sometimes called maple bugs here in Oregon

Back
Top Bottom