Gahhhh! Why won’t my eggs hatch on the day that they are supposed to?

BGcoop

Crowing
5 Years
Aug 5, 2018
I work every Friday and Saturday 12+ hour shifts. The first time I incubated I didn’t think about when they would be hatching and so they were born over a weekend.

The second time, I didn’t count the first day as day 0, PLUS they were slow hatchers- so they were born essentially over a weekend.

So this year I did all my calculations correctly, placed the eggs in on a Saturday evening hoping to have chicks on Sunday.....However due to losing a few chicks in the last couple hatches due to what seemed like drowning, I kept my humidity slightly lower..... (anyone see where this is going yet?) I came home from work tonight and found an external pip😁/😒 so now I might miss this little one breaking free because I have to work tomorrow!!!

I hope my second batch that I placed a week later than this one has better behavior!!

Maybe I’ll get REALLY lucky and they’ll call me in the morning and tell me to stay home!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻(It’s rare but COULD happen)

Maybe!

Do you have a extra camera you could set up, so you don't truly miss it?
No I don’t unfortunately, but there are 4 eggs NOT pipped yet, plus 5 more next week, so I’m sure I’ll be able to catch someone being born!!

Also, I didn’t even realize that I had set these eggs to supposedly be born on Easter until this week🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

No I don’t unfortunately, but there are 4 eggs NOT pipped yet, plus 5 more next week, so I’m sure I’ll be able to catch someone being born!!

Also, I didn’t even realize that I had set these eggs to supposedly be born on Easter until this week🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
Mine are expected born Easter too. Not intentional at all. Already have 1 out. Yikes early birds. Good luck

First baby out successfully this morning, second egg pipped- it has a decent sized hole already so I’m betting it’ll be out before I get home from work today. 😬😁

Back
Top Bottom