We had a pet sow once, she would not eat zucchini. I figure if a pig won't, neither will I.
Yesterday I took Ollie and hauled two tubs of garlic up near the house. Containers always need water. I cut the skapes off but didn't save any this time. I pulled the few weeds and about a half dozen black walnut seedlings that the squirrels must have planted.
then we got a short unannounced rain. It didn't amount to much.

I don't grow zucchini but DW will buy some at the grocery store, and make "Zucchini Boats" Not sure if that is proper term or not,,, but this is description. Slices in half lengthwise. Hollows out the center somewhat, like making a dugout canoe. Chops up that gouged out portion, and skillet fries it up with some onions, mushrooms, and whatever other veggies are hanging around. Seasons to our liking. The boats are filled with this combination.. Sprinkled generously with grated cheese on top,,,, and oven baked.
There is more to this dish than just the zucchini flavor.. :drool:drool:drool

I don't grow zucchini but DW will buy some at the grocery store, and make "Zucchini Boats" Not sure if that is proper term or not,,, but this is description. Slices in half lengthwise. Hollows out the center somewhat, like making a dugout canoe. Chops up that gouged out portion, and skillet fries it up with some onions, mushrooms, and whatever other veggies are hanging around. Seasons to our liking. The boats are filled with this combination.. Sprinkled generously with grated cheese on top,,,, and oven baked.
There is more to this dish than just the zucchini flavor.. :drool:drool:drool
That's what I have seen them called on cooking shows

Back
Top Bottom