Pics
Those baby quail you are hatching are fabulously cute! I am going to ask Santa to fill my stocking with those!
You can have some my husband is getting a bit carried away with these little guys! But they are cute!
We got out of Florida because of overpopulation
Thats kinda why we left the keys... growing up there was way different then it is now. But we found 40 acres of woods away from the world a bit and its so peaceful!

You can have some my husband is getting a bit carried away with these little guys! But they are cute!

Thats kinda why we left the keys... growing up there was way different then it is now. But we found 40 acres of woods away from the world a bit and its so peaceful!
What part of Florida? We lived in Bradenton, west coast near Sarasota.

Thanks! I will live through everyones gardens right now since we are in the prosses (long prosses) of moving i dont habe my new one up and going here yet... and being 6MTH prego slows the prosses down a little bit lol

Congrats on your pregnancy. Which # is it for you? I remember those days (30++ years ago) like they were yesterday.

What part of Florida? We lived in Bradenton, west coast near Sarasota.

I've been to Sarasota. Walked on the beach at sunset, and watched the dolphins playing in the surf. it was a kodak moment.

This is kinda what i want to do... with concrete pavers as the walk way and higher beds
23438dea7ce179dec664306e43a0b47a.jpg

I drill tiny holes around the bottom edge of my milk jugs and put them in the garden between plants. Makes for quick watering when it hurts to stand.
I've glued old clay pots together to make ollas. Bury partially near your plants and fill with water as needed. The soil draws the water through the clay as needed.
I've added gypsum to my soil which has helped a lot with breaking up some of the harder areas. My favorite thing though is planting aloe anywhere and everywhere. I leave it for a season and then remove to the compost. It's great for breaking up soil and not hard to get rid of if you don't leave it for more than a year.
I just got the restriction for lifting anything over 5 lbs until my back heals and I have PT so I can plant and supervise but my son is going to build the raised bed and haul in my dirt. At least I can still get dirt under my nails :)

Back
Top Bottom