i had a double impatien that i had for over forty years (kept breaking off pieces and restarting every couple of years) my momma had given me a piece from hers in early seventies , last winter while gd was taking care of things for me, she let it die, along with another one i had , had for thirty, now i will take cuttings of what i want to keep when away and take them with me to restart :hiti love impatiens and coleus

Some heirloom tomatoes. Still more in bags. I made ketchup.

DSCN5086.JPG

A new rose still in the pot 'Quietness'. It's thornless.
DSCN5088.JPG

Another new rose called 'Glamis Castle'. The photo doesn't show it, but towards the center is slightly blush pink. This photo doesn't capture the subtle beauty of this rose. I do not use a phone camera (don't have a smart phone), but I need to get a camera that captures things as they really are.
DSCN5087.JPG

All very pretty but those impatiens are stunning!
I have been growing impatiens for some time now. ALWAYS assumed that they needed to be in the SHADE. Then one year, I container grew them in the SUN.... :thumbsup and of course the learning in life never stops,,,, :celebrate They grew very well... It is just a benefit that they will grow well in the SHADE.. :)
View attachment 1507830

Another new rose called 'Glamis Castle'. The photo doesn't show it, but towards the center is slightly blush pink. This photo doesn't capture the subtle beauty of this rose. I do not use a phone camera (don't have a smart phone), but I need to get a camera that captures things as they really are.
View attachment 1507829
I NEED TO SEEK OUT SUCH. NEVER KNEW THAT THORNLESS WERE AVAILABLE.
Need I explain why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially when I'm pruning dead twigs on my Knockouts ??? :gig

Some heirloom tomatoes. Still more in bags. I made ketchup.

View attachment 1507828
View attachment 1507830

View attachment 1507829
tomato's are beautiful, course roses too.
i'm going to make tomato soup tomorrow, put up corn today then had to go to the vet, it was time so now not going to do anything but cry to get it out of my system :hit:hit:hit

I have been growing impatiens for some time now. ALWAYS assumed that they needed to be in the SHADE. Then one year, I container grew them in the SUN.... :thumbsup and of course the learning in life never stops,,,, :celebrate They grew very well... It is just a benefit that they will grow well in the SHADE.. :)

I NEED TO SEEK OUT SUCH. NEVER KNEW THAT THORNLESS WERE AVAILABLE.
Need I explain why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially when I'm pruning dead twigs on my Knockouts ??? :gig
they just need watered everyday or they shrivel

I had some once on the west side of the apartment building many years back. Looked dead every afternoon when I got home from work but managed to recover when watered. I think they would have preferred some afternoon shade.

Back
Top Bottom