It's end of the season here.

While I was stumbling around in the garden a few days ago, I stumbled across this. I set it on the sink so I would not have to try picking it up from the floor.

Big Moose - 78 lbs.
full

I also found these.
full

There were hiding in the hollyhocks that took over the garden this year.

It's end of the season here.

While I was stumbling around in the garden a few days ago, I stumbled across this. I set it on the sink so I would not have to try picking it up from the floor.

Big Moose - 78 lbs.
full

I also found these.
full

There were hiding in the hollyhocks that took over the garden this year.
so what cha going to do with them?

so what cha going to do with them?
The chickens and turkeys have been getting some of them. The guineas won't touch them so they don't get any.

A neighbor happened to be driving by as I was bringing the pumpkins in and admired them so she got to go home with one that was around 60 lbs. or so.

I may break down and make a pie once the pie pumpkins finish ripening. The rest of them will be given away to whoever wants them.

The chickens and turkeys have been getting some of them. The guineas won't touch them so they don't get any.

A neighbor happened to be driving by as I was bringing the pumpkins in and admired them so she got to go home with one that was around 60 lbs. or so.

I may break down and make a pie once the pie pumpkins finish ripening. The rest of them will be given away to whoever wants them.
i see, i don't raise them myself, since i don't make pies that often and when i do its not pumpkin so i don't waste the space, the gd raises a few out front of the house. when she was younger, her and her brother would sit out there and sell them on the road, neighbors would stop and buy one :lau
this year i threw out some watermelon seeds and they took off, ate one the other day and it was pretty good, gd loves them and she has a birthday coming up so she will get one, not sure what we will do the rest of them:idunno

Hopefully you didn't get hurt when you landed on your face after tripping on the first Big Moose! I'm pretty sure I'd have a heck of a time getting that off the ground let alone into the house.
:lau
Stumbling does not mean falling. It would have been very difficult to fall since the vegetation was very dense and only a few feet from the fence. I rolled it into the wheelbarrow (lying on its side). When I tried to push the wheelbarrow upright it kept on going on over to the other side. I finally managed to get the wheelbarrow upright with the pumpkin in it. It was easier to lift the pumpkin from the wheelbarrow than it would have been to try to pick it up off of the ground.

hello i'm back after a few hiccups .I have just built a second raised bed both out of bricks and rubble from the garden not done my joints any good but I feel good !just got to fill them by next spring ,started a compost heap ,have,nt done one of them for afew years.since I turned 70 I feel great my depression seems to be going ,coping with my arthritist a lot better ,feeling positive !

Back
Top Bottom