When we got a barn cat, the rabbit population noticeably reduced. She had 5 kittens and we didn't see a rabbit for a year. Now we only have 3 of the 6 cats left and I saw a rabbit IN THE DOG YARD last night.
The cats don't really go into the dog yard much - only when we are going in and out of the house alot and they are trying to get picked up for pets.
Cats are also an invasive species though so you have to be careful with population control. They do kill lots of rabbit kits. Mine is 20 and still doing it with her pain meds lol!

Hasenpfeffer is gross - I made it once and ended up tossing it out - great waste of rabbit for me. I like rabbit stewed in onions and mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes.
I parboil, salt and pepper and flour and fry bunnies too. Near the end I add water and it makes its own gravy.

Question for you gardeners - The recent strong wind storm blew over one of my tomato plants. DH said that it broke the stem completely, but it is still attached to the roots. The bend is just below the ground surface and I have the plant propped up right now.

None of the leaves are turning brown yet - but it has only been 2 days since it bent over. It has only been in the ground for 4 days total, poor plant, lol.

If I hill dirt up around the stem and keep it watered, do you think it has a chance of surviving and producing tomatoes? Maybe I should cut the bottom out of a sour cream tub and put that around the stem and fill it with soil as a support...

It is a new variety that I am excited to try and I only have 2 plants of this type of tomato.

Question for you gardeners - The recent strong wind storm blew over one of my tomato plants. DH said that it broke the stem completely, but it is still attached to the roots. The bend is just below the ground surface and I have the plant propped up right now.

None of the leaves are turning brown yet - but it has only been 2 days since it bent over. It has only been in the ground for 4 days total, poor plant, lol.

If I hill dirt up around the stem and keep it watered, do you think it has a chance of surviving and producing tomatoes? Maybe I should cut the bottom out of a sour cream tub and put that around the stem and fill it with soil as a support...

It is a new variety that I am excited to try and I only have 2 plants of this type of tomato.
I would mound the soil up on the stem in addition putting in a bamboo stake for support. Keep the soil moist and it will grow new roots directly from the stem.

When I was transplanting one of my bigger tomato plants, a secondary stem broke off. I stuck the broken stem in a pot of garden soil, kept it moist and now I have a new plant growing its own roots and doing well. It is the log discontinued Northern Exposure tomato.

Back
Top Bottom